|Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp|
|Fish • Bugs • Villagers • Clothing • Camper • Amenities • Crafting materials • Leaf Tickets • Goals • Campsite • Market Place • OK Motors • Shovelstrike Quarry • Sunburst Island • Saltwater Shores • Breezy Hollow • Lost Lure Creek|
|Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp|
| どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ |
Dōbutsu no Mori Poketto Kyanpu
|Release date|| October 25th, 2017|
WW November 22nd 2017
|Genre||Life simulation, Camp simulation, Communication, Online play|
|Ratings|| ESRB E+|
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (どうぶつの森 ポケットキャンプ Dōbutsu no Mori Poketto Kyanpu?, Animal Forest Pocket Camp) is a free-to-play mobile app developed by Nintendo. It was originally announced in April 2016, and was released worldwide on November 22, 2017. A persistent internet connection is required to play.
The mobile app was originally announced in a press release on April 27th, 2016. Nintendo stated, "...it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems. By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment."
In September 2016, it had a planned release of early 2017, but was delayed due to the team focusing on creating the Android version of Super Mario Run.On June 23rd, 2017, Nintendo reconfirmed that the app would be released before the end of the year.
On October 23rd, 2017, Nintendo announced via the official Animal Crossing Twitter account that a Nintendo Direct would be live streamed the next day on October 24th at 8pmPT/11pmET, detailing further information about the mobile app and stated, "There will be no updates on any other topics including other mobile, Nintendo Switch or Nintendo 3DS software."
On October 24th, 2017, Nintendo revealed Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp during the Animal Crossing Mobile Direct live stream on the Nintendo Mobile YouTube channel.
The game's official website allowed players to preregister for the game using their Google Play and Nintendo account. Shortly after the Direct, the game went live on the Australian Play Store on Android devices.
When the player starts the game, they are asked by Isabelle to choose between 4 different types of campsite: natural (Goldie), cute (Rosie), sporty (Jay) or cool (Apollo). Several other themes, such as rustic, hip, harmonious, and elegant are present and were given their own obtainable villagers post-release.
The campsite can be customized with furniture and amenities. Furniture can be made by gathering crafting materials, which are used in craft orders for Cyrus, which the player has to wait for to be completed. Craft orders can be started without materials and sped up by using Leaf Tickets. Non-craftable furniture can be bought at Nookling Global and during limited-time events. The customizable area for furniture in the campsite is 7x13 tiles. The player can also make amenities for villagers to use, which there can be a maximum of 2 per campsite.
The camper's interior can be decorated by the player with furniture, wallpaper, and flooring, and a second floor loft can also be added. Additionally, the player is able to extend the space inside each floor of the camper through upgrades. The exterior can be customized at OK Motors, where the player can choose between different patterns and colors.
The player can customize their character by changing their gender, skin color, hair style, hair color, facial features, eye color, clothes, and accessories. All features except gender can be re-customized at any time.
Furniture can be made by placing a craft order. The player can use Leaf Tickets to start an order even if they don't have the all of the materials required, as well as speed up the time it takes for an order to be completed.
- Candy cane (Holiday event)
- Cool essence
- Countdown charm (New Year's event)
- Crystal shard (Crystal Collection event)
- Cute essence
- Elegant essence
- Friend powder
- Harmonious essence
- Hip essence
- Natural essence
- Rustic essence
- Snowflakes (Winter Sport's event)
- Sparkle stones
- Sporty essence
- Super Mushroom (Super Mario Crossover event)
Buildings and locations
- The Camper is used to travel around to different locations around the map. The interior and exterior of it can be customized.
- Breezy Hollow
- Sunburst Island
- Saltwater Shores
- Market Place is a shopping area that has Nookling Global, Able Sisters To Go, and Kicks. Each shop has 3 items for sale, which change every 6 hours.
- Nookling Global is owned by Timmy and Tommy, where they sell some items that can't be crafted.
- Able Sisters To Go is owned by Mabel and Sable, with help from Labelle, where they sell clothes and accessories.
- Kicks is owned by Kicks, who sells socks, boots, and shoes.
- OK Motors is owned by Giovanni, Beppe, and Carlo, where they customize the player's camper.
- Shovelstrike Quarry is an area that can be entered by paying Leaf Tickets, or receiving invites from friends to mine minerals.
- Lost Lure Creek is a river area with a waterfall.
In the game, the player can chat with animal friends or fulfill requests to raise the friendship level with that villager. The animal will come and visit the player's campsite when their minimum required friendship level is reached, their required furniture is placed at the player's campsite, and the player calls them via the phone to invite them.
The player also has a level. This is raised by leveling up villagers. Each time a villager's friendship level is increased, a heart is added to the player level progress. For each new level, the player will receive rewards that include unlocking more furniture or animals who may visit, as well as 1000 Bells and 10 Leaf Tickets. On levels that are multiples of 5, the player receives an additional item, which may be a calling card, and/or a request card, and/or an additional market box slot.
|Player level||Hearts needed for next level|
Answers during the tutorial will determine the starting villager.
Other campsite managers' avatars and campers will randomly appear, and the player is also able to meet other campsite managers by sharing their ID with other players. When encountering another player in the game, or after receiving their ID, you can view their Market Box, their campsite, give kudos, or become friends to be able to visit their campsite at any time.
Leaf Tickets are a currency which are earned by completing tasks and can be won through normal play or can be purchased with real world money, and can be used in various ways in the game. Leaf Tickets purchased on one operating system cannot be used on another. For example, Leaf Tickets bought on Android cannot be used on iOS.
|Price (USD)||Leaf Tickets||Price per 5 tickets||Price per ticket (approximate)|
|$7.99||200||19.98¢||4.00¢ (costs more per ticket than $3.99 option)|
They can be used and exchanged for:
- Throw net (for fish)
- Honey (for bugs)
- Fertilizer (for growing fruit trees)
- Entrance to Shovelstrike Quarry (for ores)
- Placing craft orders when the player doesn't have all the required materials
- Speeding up craft orders
- Crafting special items that are available for a limited time
- Purchasing special exterior customizations at OK Motors
Throw nets are used on the dock at Saltwater Shores and Lost Lure Creek to catch multiple fish and shells or at Sunburst Island to catch multiple bugs. They can be bought with Leaf Tickets or earned during play.
CollectablesUnlike other Animal Crossing series spinoff games, Pocket Camp features collectable fish and bugs. The player can also collect shells, coral and fruit, as well as collecting crafting materials.
The number of fish in Pocket Camp is fewer than most other entries in the Animal Crossing series, and all of the fish included have existed in previous entries. Pocket Camp introduces a new fishing item called the throw net, for which a river and ocean version exist. It is used to capture multiple fish at the same time.
The number of bugs in Pocket Camp is fewer than most other entries in the Animal Crossing series, and all of the bugs included have existed in previous entries. Pocket Camp adds a new item to help bug catching, called honey. It can be poured into a tree trunk to attract several bugs at once.
Goals are a new addition to the Animal Crossing series, and are specific tasks for the player to complete. They are accessed by tapping the Isabelle icon to the right side of the screen. They are divided into Timed Goals (time-sensitive goals which reset every 24 hours, or within a special event) and Stretch Goals (no time limit, to be completed at the player's leisure).
During certain periods of time there have been events which offer things such as special items or clothing.
Holiday Event 2017
From 11/30/2017 - 12/25/2017
If you fulfill requests for animals, you can get candy canes. These candy canes can be used to craft special holiday furniture.
If you complete timed goals you can unlock special holiday clothing, candy canes, and leaf tickets.
Host the Most
From 12/5/2017 - 12/10/2017; 1/7/2018 - 1/30/2018
When you fulfill animal requests, friendship points are gained at a quicker rate. Four new animals were added along with the update and several furniture sets.
If you complete timed goals you can receive leaf tickets, request cards, and calling cards.
From 12/21/2017 - 12/27/2017
From 1/30/2018 - 2/3/2018
If you complete timed goals (4 in total) you can receive hip essences.
From 2/15/2018 - 2/20/2018
If you complete timed goals (3 in total) you can receive leaf tickets and calling cards.
From 3/7/2018 - 3/12/2018
If you complete timed goals (3 in total) you can receive harmonious essences.
From 3/24/2018 - 3/31/2018
If you complete timed goals (3 in total) you can receive leaf tickets and calling cards.
From 4/20/2018 - 4/26/2018
From 12/11/2017 - 12/20/2017
A series of timed goals that include befriending 1, 10 and 20 other players. If you complete them you receive leaf tickets. Players befriended before the event started already count towards the goals.
Rover's Garden Safari
Part 1: From 1/11/2018 - 1/22/2018; Part 2: From 1/17/2018 - 1/22/2018
Rover visits the campsite and the player has to grow red, blue and white dahlias in their garden in order to catch butterflies that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Winter Sports Event
From 1/22/2018 - 1/31/2018
If you fulfill requests for animals, you can get Snowflakes. These snowflakes can be used to craft special winter sports-themed furniture, clothing and a snow park amenity.
Lottie's Gothic Rose Festival
Part 1: From 2/1/2018 - 2/10/2018; Part 2: From 2/6/2018 - 2/10/2018
Lottie visits the campsite and the player has to grow purple, red and blue roses in their garden in order to catch bats that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Leif's Spring Flower Event
Part 1: From 2/27/2018 - 3/9/2018; Part 2: From 3/4/2018 - 3/9/2018
Leif visits the campsite and the player has to grow flowers in their garden in order to catch ladybugs that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Zipper's Wonderland Event
Part 1: From 3/30/2018 - 4/9/2018; Part 2: From 4/4/2018 - 4/9/2018
Zipper visits the campsite and the player has to grow flowers in their garden in order to catch scramblers that can be exchanged for furniture and other bonuses.
Super Mario Crossover Event
Round 1: From 3/31/2018 - 4/10/2018; Round 2: From 3/21/2018 - 4/10/2018; Round 3: From 3/31/2018 - 4/10/2018
- The bug where players would occasionally show up as Leaf was fixed.
- Various text for system dialogs were changed.
- Various furniture items had their appearance updated.
- The bucket seat, large bucket seat and camper kitchen, which have been previously available only once in the RV, are now craftable.
- New animals: Bluebear, Antonio, Raddle, and Phoebe.
- New objects: alpine lamp, alpine rug, alpine sofa, alpine low table, natural bench, papa bear, tiki torch, beacon fire, campfire cookware, natural fence, gas pump, CD shelf, refrigerator, sink, Mouth of Truth, office cabinet, operating-room cart, modern office chair, EKG machine, exam table, doctor's desk.
- Implementation of the garden.
- New screenshot mode that replaces the free camera mode.
- New "rustic" essence and animals: Marshal, Mitzi, June, Drake, Vesta, Goose and Avery.
- New objects: cowhide rug, red rug, ukulele, fireplace, sloppy screen, umbrella stand, candle, wheat bundle, medicine cabinet, pantheon post, partition screen, turkey, covered wagon, watering trough, ranch armchair, ranch wardrobe, waiting-room bench, cabin couch, cabin clock, cabin low table, sloppy sofa, sloppy table, reception counter, decoy duck, bistro table, cabana chair, cabana screen, siphon, ceramic hot pot, water cooler, log bench, spinning wheel, Rooster of Barcelos, storefront.
- New animals: Sprinkle, Static, Ava and Boots.
- New objects: log fence, plain tree stump, bamboo bench, bamboo fence, wood-plank table, silver mic, paella, outdoor bath, smoker, snowman sofa, snowman wardrobe, snowman lamp, snowman table, cabin chair, modern bed, snow machine, robot hero, large egg, potbelly stove.
- New camper paint job: Rover style.
- Implementation of clothes crafting.
- Implementation feature improvements.
- New "hip" essence and animals: Francine, Bob, Stitches, Twiggy, Merengue and Pietro.
- New "hip" amenities: mush tent, patchwork ghost sofa, bouncy cake.
- Visual stone steps have been added leading to the garden at the campsite.
- New objects: cookie rug, polka-dot rug, mush wide stool, balloon bed, balloon chair, balloon table, balloon TV, mush lamp, mush hanger, mush table, mush TV, dessert case, snake plant, sweets sofa, sweets table, balloon-poodle lamp, kiddie couch, kiddie bureau, kiddie table, polka-dot bed, polka-dot chair, polka-dot closet, polka-dot table, capsule-toy machine, soft-serve lamp, boot sculpture, matryoshka, teacup ride, pop-up book, candy machine.
- Fixed bug that Visitors are displayed in order of oldest.
- New camper paint jobs: southwestern flair, painter's palette and desert mist.
- New floors and wallpapers: balloon floor, cabin floor, modern wood flooring, panel carpet floor, balloon wall, dotted wall, cabin wall, modern wood wall.
- Ability to change the outfits of animals.
- Place more than one rug at the campsite at once.
- Implementation of the Brake Tapper game at OK Motors.
- New way to add nearby players as friends by sending tunes.
- Ask multiple friends for help at once in Shovelstrike Quarry.
- New objects: wooden-deck rug, cobblestone rug, striped rug, block rug, concrete rug, shanty mat, brown square rug, black square rug, white square rug, road-closed rug, stage-floor rug, Earth rug, flower pop carpet (recolor), round black rug, red cone, octopus chair, kitschy clock, coffee maker, dartboard, asteroid, lunar rover, lovely love seat (recolor), counter table, sleek dresser, sleek table.
- New animals: Dotty, Freya, Eugene, Fuchsia and Octavian.
- New craftable clothes: alpinist hat, alpinist dress, funky glasses, silver frames, sporty shades, sailor skirt, floppy hat, blue cap, light-blue cap, blue lace-up dress, fishing vest, sailor's shirt.
- New ''harmonious'' essence and animals: Bill, Curt, Drago, Gladys and Margie.
- New "harmonious" amenities: harmonious tent, exotic fountain, Redd's shrine.
- New objects: exotic rug, bamboo rug, tatami rug, blue vase, paper lantern, large tea table, tokonoma, bamboo tree, biwa lute, retro TV, glass-top table, exotic bench, exotic lamp, exotic screen, exotic table, exotic chest, giant dharma, zen cushion, cabana armchair, cabana vanity, cabana table, tile screen, samurai suit, lotus pond, lazy-Susan table, loom.
- New craftable clothes: blue frames, triangle shades, halo, sky dress, beige emblem blazer, conical straw hat, bandana, star cap, gray formal pants.
- New animals: Bam, Broccolo, Merry and Snake.
- New objects: wood-stage rug, egg rug, egg bench, egg clock, egg table, screen, hearth, black katana, painting set, dracaena, hurdle, school desk, round pillow, modern wood stool, folding chair, washing machine, exercise ball, tricycle, sword.
- Gulliver now arrives at Sunburst Island in order to trade furniture for candy and island animals.
- New "island" animals: Plucky, O'Hare and Rowan.
- New craftable clothes: funny glasses, red-stripe pants, black-denim skirt, paperboy cap, hibiscus hairpin, school hat, plain black cap, lime dress, candy gingham shirt, kids' smock.
- Introduction of fortune cookies.
- New animal requests.
- New catchable fishes (sea horse, Napoleonfish, loach, neon tetra) and a new bug (agrias butterfly).
- New scrapbook feature and animal memories.
- Perfect fruits now have a chance of growing at fruit trees.
- New ''elegant'' essence and animals: Colton, Julia, Muffy, Pierce, Tia and Whitney.
- New ''elegant'' amenities: elegant fountain, novel carriage, regal castle.
- New objects: single rose, gorgeous floor, regal bed, regal table, regal sofa, candelabra, steamed lobster, elegant chair, round-cloth table (Red), fancy carpet, scorpio lamp, violet screen, rococo shelf, rococo table, rococo sofa, flat-screen TV, treadmill, lat pulldown machine, fancy tea set, regal clock, lovely carpet, lovely table (Pink) , regal chair, regal lamp, regal vanity, ranch table (White), chaise lounge, plate armor, illuminated tree, dollhouse, pile of cash, birthday table, bell.
- New craftble clothes: thick glasses, post-op patch, colorful sneakers, gray formal skirt, picnic skirt, blue polka shorts, cloudy tee, gumdrop dress, grass tee, red tie-dye tee.
- ↑ http://www2.ndcube.co.jp/game/index.html
- ↑ http://www.4gamer.net/games/361/G036140/20171222062/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 https://ac-pocketcamp.com/
- ↑ https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/27/11516442/animal-crossing-fire-emblem-smartphones-nintendo
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/April/Nintendo-provides-updates-on-mobile-NX-and-The-Legend-of-Zelda-along-with-annual-earnings-1102529.html
- ↑ https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/23/nintendo-reconfirms-animal-crossing-mobile-will-launch-this-year/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/922448789742542855
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2wXiwgNd0