|Community navigation: Community Portal (talk) · Guidelines Portal (talk) · Main Page talk · Forums · Projects · Promotion · Proposals · Voting|
User Content: Dream Code DatabaseComing Soon! · Friend Code Database
This is the page where users can request extended rights and vote on other users who are requesting rights. Please read the following regulations and instructions completely before voting or placing a request.
In the event that a staff member is being unruly or breaking the rules, a request for their demotion may be placed below in the Requests for demotion header. The same voting rules apply for this as well. However, bureaucrats who witness abuse of rights are permitted to demote users without a request on this page.
The following roles are not currently available:
- Chat Moderator
Rules for requests
Each user's request will run for two weeks, during which members of the community will vote on the request. An applicant may and should inform other users of his or her application. When you submit a proposal, you are not permitted to support yourself. You will not be penalized, but this vote simply won't be included in the final total.
|Right||Powers||Edit requirement||Active membership||Other requirements||Available|
|Rollback||One-click undo button||200 mainspace||2 weeks||No|
|Chat moderator||Can kick and ban users from chat||200 mainspace||1 month||At least 1 month activity in chat||No|
|Administrator||All of the above, deleting pages, blocking users, protecting pages||1,000 mainspace||2 months||No|
|Bureaucrat||Can give administrator and bureaucrat rights to other users||N/A||N/A||Chosen by existing bureaucrats||No|
How to request promotion or demotion
After meeting or exceeding the said requirements, follow the following instructions to place your request.
- 1. Add the following to the bottom of the Requests header, replacing "USER" and "RANK" with your username and desired rank, respectively (remember, doing it incorrectly looks really bad):
- 2. Under the header and user information, write a few sentences about why you are requesting a promotion and what qualifies you for the position. Users will then vote on whether or not you should be promoted.
To vote, a user must:
- Be an active member of the Animal Crossing Wiki for at least one week at the time the voting begins.
- Have 10 or more mainspace edits at the time the voting begins.
How to vote
- Use a 'support' vote to vote FOR the candidate. Use an 'oppose' vote to vote AGAINST the candidate.
- A candidate is not permitted to vote for themselves.
- A vote will run for 2 weeks (14 days). After 2 weeks, the votes will be counted. A request must have at least 2/3 (66.6%) of the votes as a 'support' vote in order for it to pass.
- An applicant can and should direct users to this page during their request. However, excessive spamming of the link to this page will count against you and in extreme cases may result in the request being closed prematurely.
- If the vote does not pass, the user requesting promotion must wait for 1 month (30 days) before requesting promotion again.
Requests for Demotion
Requests for Promotion
| Creating • Deleting • Merging • Moving • Promoting • Proposals|
Featured Article • Featured Image • Community Poll