Users can request extended rights and vote for other users who are requesting rights. Please read the following regulations and instructions completely before voting or placing a request.
In the event that a staff member is being unruly or breaking the rules, a request for their demotion may be placed below in the Requests for demotion header. The same voting rules apply for this as well. However, bureaucrats who witness abuse of rights are permitted to demote users without a request on this page.
|Right||Powers||Edit requirement||Active membership||Other requirements||Available|
|Rollback||One-click undo button||200 mainspace||2 weeks||N/A||No|
|Patroller||Flag edits as patrolled||200 mainspace||2 weeks||N/A||No|
|Chat moderator||Kick and ban users from the chat||200 mainspace||1 month||At least 1 month activity in chat||No|
|Administrator||All of the above, deleting pages, blocking users, protecting pages||1,000 mainspace||2 months||N/A||No|
|Bureaucrat||Give administrator and bureaucrat rights to other users||N/A||N/A||Chosen by existing bureaucrats||No|
How to vote
To vote, a user must:
- Be an active member of the Animal Crossing Wiki for at least one week at the time the voting begins.
- Have 10 or more mainspace edits at the time the voting begins.
- Use a support to vote in favor of the proposal. Use an oppose to vote against the proposal.
- A candidate is not permitted to vote for their own proposal.
- A vote will run for 14 days. After the 2 weeks, the votes will be counted. A proposal must have at least 2/3 (66.6%) of the votes as a support in order for it to pass.
- An applicant can and should direct users to this page during their proposal. However, excessive spamming of the link may result in the proposal being closed prematurely.
- If no judgment is reached after 2 weeks, the proposal is moved to the archives. The applicant may try again after 4 weeks.
How to request promotion or demotion
After meeting or exceeding the requirements, follow the following instructions to place your request.
- Make sure you have 10 mainspace edits. You are not allowed to create requests if you do not have this many.
- Add the following at the top of the request, replacing
Rankwith the appropriate information.
Requests for Demotion
None in progress
Requests for Promotion
- Neutral: While you certainly would be a good admin, I don't think rights should be handed out purely on the basis of competency. If you believe that the wiki would benefit with you having these rights, you should specify how in your promotion request rather than just leaving it at "I think it's about that time". Fang³ 08:13, May 1, 2016 (UTC)