|Warning: This page contains information that may be recognized as in-game cheats or spoilers.|
| This page is currently under construction.|
Please help us expand this article by it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
Trees & Fruit
An easy way to make a tree fully grow is to chop down an existing tree, uproot the stump, then plant the desired fruit. This also works for money trees. As long as no other tree is planted too close to the tree, this will eventually grow into a new tree.
Coconut trees and fruit cannot be native to any town in the Animal Crossing series, and they grow differently to other trees. Coconuts must be planted on the bottom edge of an acre, although they are rumored only to be grown on the coastline, where the sand meets the grass or dirt. No other tree will grow on the coastline.
The Money Tree is a special tree that can be grown in Animal Crossing. A money tree can be planted using the golden shovel. If the tree grows (due to a limited chance of growth), it will produce three times the amount of Bells buried e.g. 3,000 Bells will produce 9,000 Bells. The money tree only blooms once. After this, it will remain a non-fruit bearing tree. You CAN'T use any other shovel than the gold one or nothing will grow. If you plant 1,000 bells that is 1% that money will grow on the tree, 2,000 bells 2% so on and so forth.
- The money rock allows you to get up to 8,100 easy bells. You can hit the money rock with an axe or shovel. -NOTICE- You can only get 1 money rock a day. You need to dig three holes behind your player to get a chance to get 8,100 bells. (Look at the chart to see how)
Fishing, Bug Catching and Fossil Hunting
Make sure to buy one of each tool at Tom Nook's Store when it is possible to do so. A fishing pole can be used to catch fish, a net can be used to catch bugs and a shovel can be used to find fossils, which are marked on the ground. These three hobbies are the best way to gain Bells (by selling them to Tom Nook) and can be used to enlarge the collection at Faraway Museum. Fish arguably make the most income, due to there being a wider variety during each season, but insects can make a good income during the Summer months and Fossil Hunting can be done daily and usually bring in over a thousand Bells per fossil.
There are two types of tools; regular and golden. Golden tools work the same way as their regular counterparts, but make an easier job of what they do. However, Golden Tools need to be earned and are not always easy to obtain. There are also silver tools, the axe can be obtained from the fountain, and some can be found in the tool section of Nook's store.
To obtain a Golden Shovel, plant a regular shovel in a daily light spot. A tree will grow and upon shaking it, a Golden Shovel will fall out. A Golden Shovel can ocasionally dig up bells from the earth, via Bell Hopping.
Golden Fishing Rod
To obtain a Golden Fishing Rod, a player must catch one of each fish available in the game. Once they've achieved this, a Golden Fishing Rod will be given to them in the mail. The Golden Fishing Rod makes it easier to catch fish, reducing the likelihood of a fish getting away.
To obtain a Golden Net, once of each bug in the game must be caught. Once this has been achieved, a Golden Net will be sent to the player in the mail. The Golden Net makes it easier to catch insects, by having a larger catchment area therefore insects can be caught from more of a distance.
To obtain a Golden Axe, you have to maintain a perfect town for two weeks in a row.Then talk to the the wishing well and it will give you the golden axe.The golden axe never breakes and can chop down trees faster.
Events are a useful way to gain furniture, either to sell or make up collections. The majority of special events allow the player to collect special event related furniture which cannot be obtained anywhere else.
Furniture From Jingle
On Christmas Eve, when Jingle visits, there is a way to get as many presents from him as possible. Below is a step by step guides:
- Get quite a few shirts and accessories, and have letters ready to put items in.
- Find Jingle 5 times so he gives out an item, then change your shirt and search town for him again.
- When you find Jingle talk to him, and then push him as close to the edge of the acre as he will go.
- Walk into the acre he was just pushed close to, but stay right on the edge of the acre.
- Now, walk back into the acre with Jingle and if the player was quick enough, he will still be right making sure they won't have to go through the trouble of finding him again!
- Now, push Jingle back towards the edge of the acre if needed and run back out to the adjacent acre.
- While in the adjacent acre, stay close to the edge again.
- Now, quickly pause the game and change your shirt to something totally different.
- Now, run back to the acre with Jingle and talk again.
- Repeat steps 3 through 9 until you receive the desired item(s).
K.K. Slider Songs
There are three secret songs in Animal Crossing that Totakeke won't play unless you request them. They are:
- I Love You
- K.K. Song
- Two Days Ago
Wisp the Ghost
Nearly every night between midnight and 3:00 am, a ghost called Wisp will be somewhere in your town. To make a wish, He will ask you to find five spirits around town. When you find the five spirits, you can make a wish. After doing so he will offer you an item, paint your roof or remove all the weeds in your village.
He may not be at your town every night but he is always there on Halloween.
Mr. Resetti and Don
If you start a game after resetting the GameCube during play, Mr. Resetti will appear to complain. Repeatedly reset the GameCube to make him more and more angry.
Eventually, Mr. Resetti's brother Don will appear to take the place of Mr. Resetti.
This is what happens corresponding with the number of times you reset:
- 1: The first time, he will go "easy" on you and warn you not to reset again.
- 2: He will come back and is slightly angry, no harm done.
- 3-6: He will be ticked off, watch out, you may get lucky and he will do this for the max 3 times in the stage.
- 7: Don his brother takes his place. He is nice but don't let him fool you, Mr. Resetti will come back if you reset again.
- 8-60: He will sometimes ask you to write a note, and sometimes he will make the screen go blank for a few seconds.
Doubling Bells & Furniture
- In order to do this you must first have 2 Memory cards with the available space for travel data.
- Put ALL your money into the bank and go on a trip at the Train Station.
- Put the travel data on the memory card without your game on it!
- Take it out and start the game with the memory card that has your town on it.
- It will start as normal but when it gets to the menu where you chose your name you choose yours and then s/he will ask you about using a default character.
- Say yes and then go to the bank.
- Take out all of your money and drop it infront of your house.
- Save and exit.
- Put the memory card with the travel data and s/he will welcome you back from your trip.
- Then they will ask you a question like, Do you want to use data from your visitor you say NO.
- When you get into the game all your money should be in the bank and the money that your double dropped on the floor will still be there!
To do this you need 2 Gameboy Advances and a GC to GBA link cable.
- First, connect the first Gameboy to the link than the link to the Gamecube.
- Next, turn on the Gameboy and go to the Island.
- When you get there, drop off the money and items that you want to duplicate.
- Leave the island.
- When Kapp'n asks if you want to save the island to the Gameboy say yes.
- After it saves just put the Gameboy off to the side in sleep mode.
- When you get to the town go up one acre and plug the other Gameboy in to the link and turn it on.
- Next go back down an acre. Go back to the island and pick up the stuff you dropped off.
- Get back into the boat and tell Kapp'n that you don't want to save the island on your gameboy.
- Next unplug the Gameboy from the link. Then take the Gameboy one out of sleep mode.
- Plug it back in to the link. Go up an acre then down again.
- Talk to Kapp'n again and go back to the island.
- You should see the money and items.
Constant New Year's
To get easy money, all you have to do is set the GameCube's internal clock to New Year's Day. Every New Year, your parents will send you a gift of 10,000 bells. Set the clock to a different year (after saving, of course) and you will get another bag with 10,000 bells.
Are you familiar with the ancient art of Feng-Shui? It's all about how you arrange your furniture in your house.
- Orange colored furniture in the North
- Yellow furniture in the West
- Red furniture in the East
- Green furniture in the South
Feng-Shui increases your chances of getting more Bells and items.