Rules and information
Proposals include, but are not limited to, suggesting the deletion, creation, or merging of wiki pages.
Procedure and rules for all votes:
- You must have 10 or more mainspace edits before the start of polling.
- You may either
- All proposals will run for one week unless discussion has not stopped after that time, in which case it may be extended at the discretion of an administrator. At this point, the thread will be locked by a moderator.
- All proposals require at least 2/3 supporting votes in order to pass.
- When starting a poll thread, you are entitled to link it around the wiki on message walls of those who may be concerned, and in chat. Abuse of this privilege will result in the proposal being closed.
- Please be clear in your title what you are actually proposing.
- Sign all proposals and comments with four tildes.
Etymology section on character pages and some other stuff
I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of information at the top of each wiki page, often regarding etymology and sometimes the appearance of a villager, a prime example being Julian's page. This can, in my opinion, cause some of the pages to become a bit cluttered at the top section. Therefore, would it be a good idea to tidy up the page and add an etymology section on villager pages? There would be enough information to merit each villager having an etymology section, and it would make the page more accessible for users. If so, I know quite a bit about etymology and would be happy to be in charge of editing these sections. Birbyman (talk) November 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Comment: Honestly, it seems like great content for the Trivia section. It is non-game related factual stuff, which doesn't need to be in the main "game coverage paragraphs". Taliseth (talk) November 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Comment: The trivia section has always been for tidbit information pertaining to the games, such as characters whose files were supposed to be in games but weren't, and the like. This is just my opinion but because there will be information concerning the origins of every villager's name, it would make sense to have its own section. This would also be similar to other wikias, which also have etymology sections, and would provide conformity to the pages. Birbyman (talk) November 5, 2017 (UTC)