The Automatic Bell Dispenser (Bellpoint in PAL games, commonly referred to as the ABD) is a machine similar to an ATM (Automatic Teller Machine, or Cash Machine). It allows the player to access the Bank of Nintendo, allowing them to pay Bells to Tom Nook's bank account to pay off their house mortgage, withdraw and deposit Bells in their savings account, or reissue a shopping card. 0.5% interest is deposited into the player's savings on the first of each month. The ABD is first featured in City Folk and later in New Leaf.
In City Folk
- An ABD is located in the Town Hall near the Civic Center window.
- An ABD is located below the Marquee. This ABD machine is for the main branch of the bank rather than the town branch of the bank. There is no functional difference between the Town Hall ABD.
- An ABD furniture item is obtainable by depositing 999,999,999 Bells into your savings account.
In New Leaf
- An ABD is located in the Post Office.
- An ABD is located on Tortimer Island.
- An ABD furniture item is obtainable by depositing 100,000,000 Bells in the bank.
- There is also a 24-hour-shop ABD in-store Bellpoint from the 7-Eleven Series that was made available only as a piece of Japanese downloadable content from a 7-Eleven that had access to a local Nintendo Zone. This piece of furniture lasted from April 26th, 2013 through to May 9th, 2013.
- In the Welcome amiibo update, some reintroduced villagers, such as Gonzo, have the ABD furniture item in their RVs, making it easier to obtain.
After depositing a certain number of Bells in the bank, the player will receive a letter, attached with a present containing a reward.
In City Folk
- 10,000 Bells will reward the Shopping Card.
- 100,000 Bells will reward a Tissue Box furniture piece.
- 1,000,000 Bells will reward the Golden Card (identical to the Shopping Card) being mailed to the player.
- 10,000,000 Bells will reward a Piggy Bank furniture piece.
- 100,000,000 Bells will reward a Green Feather accessory.
- 200,000,000 Bells will reward a Blue Feather accessory.
- 300,000,000 Bells will reward a Yellow Feather accessory.
- 400,000,000 Bells will reward a Red Feather accessory.
- 500,000,000 Bells will reward a Purple Feather accessory.
- 600,000,000 Bells will reward a White Feather accessory.
- 700,000,000 Bells will reward a Rainbow Feather accessory.
- 999,999,999 Bells will reward a functional ABD furniture piece.
After 10,000 Bells have been deposited into a bank account, the bank will send a Shopping Card (which is also referred to simply as a card) in the mail. This card works in the same way as a debit card, allowing the player to spend money in their bank account without carrying the Bells around. A Golden Card can be obtained by becoming a VIP at the bank, when a total of 1,000,000 Bells has been deposited into the account. It works the same way as the regular shopping card. It is categorized as a Tool in the game.
In New Leaf
- 100,000 Bells will reward a Tissue Box.
- 500,000 Bells will reward a Letter Set furniture piece.
- 1,000,000 Bells will reward a Piggy Bank.
- 5,000,000 Bells will reward the Aluminum Briefcase furniture piece.
- 10,000,000 Bells will reward the Post Office Poster furniture piece.
- 20,000,000 Bells will reward the Safe furniture piece.
- 50,000,000 Bells will reward the Postman Hat headgear item.
- 100,000,000 Bells will reward the ABD furniture piece.