This article is about a lazy cat villager from the Animal Crossing series. For the the smug dog villager, see Shep.
"You only live once...or nine times."
|Birthday||January 1st (Capricorn)|
|Initial clothes||Blossom Tee|
|Home request||A floral atmosphere|
|Favorite song|| [[K.K. Ragtime|
Hypno K.K. (HHD)]]
|Appearances||AF, AF+, AC, AFe+, WW, CF, NL, HHD|
|Regional names|| Robert |
"I'm a cat. Chillin' is in my blood, man."Bob (ニコバン, Nikoban?) is a lazy cat villager who has appeared in every game of the Animal Crossing series. His name is most likely based off the bobcat. His initial phrase, "pthhhpth," may be a reference to the sound a cat makes when coughing up a hairball (this is further supported by the information on the e-Reader card which indicates he tends to spit often while speaking). His picture phrase in New Leaf is a feline spin on the memetic phrase, "You only live once."
— Picture quote, Wild World
AppearanceBob is a lavender cat with darker purple spots all over his body and face. His eyes are half-closed, making him appear sleepy. He initially wears the Blossom Shirt. The inside of his ears are various shades of pink, and his tail has two darker purple stripes on it. Despite being male, he has a rather feminine appearance.
Below is a brief description of the lazy personality. For more information, click here.
As a lazy villager, Bob will be easy to get along with due to his laid-back lifestyle. Like all lazy villagers, he shares a love of food and relaxing. He will enjoy partaking in the usual hobbies, usually for relaxing reasons or for food, such as fishing. Bob often asks the player to get him common fish such as sea basses, which he says he's going to 'study.' He will get along well with other villagers, but may offend or confuse jock villagers, who have a conflicting lifestyle of exercise and fitness, opposed to the lazy lifestyle of relaxing and food.
- There is a large amount of speculation that Bob was the first character created for the game, based on the following traits:
- He has the first ID number in Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.
- His birthday is January 1st.
- He has appeared in every game to date.
- His English name is very simple and widely-recognized.
- Numerically, his amiibo card is the first one for a regular villager.
- He can be recognised in several of the Beta worlds in Animal Crossing, although without a name.