- "...Happy Valentine's Day."
- — Brewster, Animal Crossing: City Folk
- "The perfect temperature to draw out the taste...is 175.38 degrees...Here you are."
- — Brewster, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Brewster as he appears in New Leaf
Gyroid Storage (CF only)
|Appearance(s)|| Animal Crossing: Wild World,|
Animal Crossing: City Folk,
Animal Crossing: New Leaf,
Dōbutsu no Mori
|Regional Names|| Fígaro|
Brewster (マスター Masutā?, Master) is a character who works in The Roost all hours of the day in the lower floor of the museum or in his own shop. He is a quiet, reserved Pigeon with an interest in coffee. His name is a portmanteau of 'rooster' and 'brew'. In Animal Crossing: City Folk, he also has an interest in collecting gyroids.
He sells a cup of coffee per day worth 200 Bells. He prefers the player to drink the coffee as soon as it is given to them, and will be shocked if the player responds on letting it cool. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, this dislike will be swayed if the player purchases a lot of coffee at The Roost.
In Animal Crossing: Wild World, he will admit he owns sugar, but only enough for himself. However, if the player visits him often and does not say it has to cool, he will offer the player some sugar and be shocked if they refuse it. He will also offer Pigeon milk after the player has bought coffee for about seven days.
After talking to him for a while, over a course of a few weeks, he will tell the player his story, which suggests he used to own a coffee shop in the City before moving to the town to open up a small business in the museum, after meeting Blathers. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Blathers is again shown to be his friend as he is the one who suggested The Roost in the first place.
Brewster shows a noticeable interest in gyroids. In each game gyroids are visible on the shelves within the cafe. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf he has attempted creating his own gyroids, something influenced by his original interest in gyroids from a time when a customer showed him a gyroid long ago. In Animal Crossing: City Folk he offered storage of gyroids, though this is not present in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
In Animal Crossing: Wild World
Brewster's role in Animal Crossing: Wild World remains the same throughout the series. He will serve the player a cup of coffee a day for 200 Bells and be present when other special visitors and villagers are in The Roost. He will also be present when K.K. Slider is performing. After buying coffee for a while, he will offer the player special drinks which may include Pigeon milk. He will also ask the player if he or she has a favorite blend, the player can only choose "the usual". He will then tell you the exact temperature, 176 degrees. When talked to, he will say something like, "How are you doing?"
In Animal Crossing: City Folk
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, once the player become friends with him after drinking seven cups of coffee without letting them cool, he will offer to store the player's gyroid if the player is holding one while speaking to him. He will store one of each gyroid when spoken to by talking to him from across the bar (not on the stool). He may also offer a shot of pigeon milk, like he did in Animal Crossing: Wild World. On Valentine's Day, he will offer the player hot chocolate instead of coffee, and will say "Happy Valentine's Day!" instead of the usual "Thanks". If the player takes a picture during one of K. K.'s performance and talks to Brewster afterwards, he'll say, "No pictures during the performance, please.... it bugs the talent."
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf he runs the Café once it has been built as a Public Works Project. Unfortunately, he does not offer to store your Gyroids for you in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Instead, he will offer the Player a take-out option after three coffees and help him make coffee for residents in town or special characters after they have bought six coffees from him. He gives a gift to the Player if they complete 8 successful orders, and these gifts consist of various Café Series furniture.
The player is able to request what kind of coffee they would like when they sit down to have coffee, rather than have take out. For the first 3 times, he may ask what kind of coffee, how much sugar, or how much milk the player would like. The 4th time, the player can choose to either have their usual, or change what they would like.
In Animal Crossing: The Movie
|Warning: Spoilers start here.|
|Spoilers end here.|
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- "Pigeon milk" is actually a secretion from a parent bird's crop in which they feed to their babies by regurgitating. So when the player's relationship with Brewster is strong enough for him to offer pigeon milk, this may be hinting that he has parental feelings towards the player.
- When given a coffee, if the player replies with "It's gotta cool," they will then have the option to say "It's too hot." The player can continue to say this, but Brewster will always say the same thing.
- Along with Sable, Brewster is the only special character in the Animal Crossing series to be able to befriend.
- Brewster often says "coo" in his dialogue, which the player may also replicate in conversations with him.
- While working at The Roost, if you make a perfect cup of coffee for the villager, they may say that you may even have surpassed Brewster. You will see Brewster shocked.
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Brewster has the voice of a cranky villager.