|Animal Crossing: City Folk|
|Fish • Bugs • Fossils • Villagers • Events • City • Face Styles • Hair Styles|
|Provides||Auction House, ABD, Crazy Redd's, Fortune Shop, GracieGrace, Happy Room Academy, Kicks, The Marquee, Phineas, Shampoodle|
|Regional names|| Centre-ville|
La grande città
The city is a location that is first mentioned in Wild World, and then is a location in its sequel, City Folk. The player can not visit the city in Wild World. In Wild World, is mentioned by neighbors or the Able Sisters or Blathers when they tell stories or talk about their past. The player has to access the city by riding Kapp'n's bus, however the player cannot walk to the city.
The city in Wild World
The city is mentioned by many characters in Wild World;
- Tom Nook - He speaks of his unsuccessful career in the city and his return to the player's town.
- Blathers - Blathers was brought up in the city, but moved to the countryside to create the Museum after completing part of his degree.
- Gracie - She frequently talks of the comparative lack of style in the country compared to the city. When she comes she quizzes the player to see if they are a "fashionista." If they don't pass, then she gives the player a letter saying how they are not a "fashionista" with a shirt in it, and if they do pass, she gives them a certificate saying how she admires the player and has to pay her "respects" to them. However, the player receives no shirt if they pass.
- Brewster - Brewster used to own an unsuccessful coffee shop in the city, before meeting Blathers and being invited to the museum.
- Harriet - In Wild World, Harriet states "I've got to remember I don't own a salon in the city anymore."
- Sable and Mabel- Sometimes they will talk of Sable's friendship with Tom Nook, long ago when they were growing up together. According to them, Tom Nook's dream was to have a big shop in the city.
Cranky villagers will sometimes ask the player if they were brought up in the city, while it would appear that the player moved from the suburbs of a city, as hinted by their mother's letters.
The City in City Folk
The player can only get to the city in City Folk and the shops there are featured in other places in other games in the series. To get here, take the bus to the City, in the front center of the town. There are many shops in the City in City Folk. Five villagers will appear outside at a time during the day, while fewer will appear in the morning and at night. Once the player enters a building and comes out, a new set of villagers will appear. Sometimes the same villagers can be seen on a trip to the city. Also, there are also retangular flowers pots decorated around the City.
Crazy Redd's is a black market run by Redd, a sneaky salesclerk. This shop is located south of the ABD, to the left of the city. It is a dark blue iron door in the shadowy part of the city, with a slithole either lighted when open, or not when it's not open. Crazy Redd's is initially closed to the player unless he/she has obtained an invitation. To do this, the player must knock on his door once as he'd normally tell the them to scram, and then talk to villagers around the Player's hamlet. Eventually, one will randomly ask, Have you heard of Redd's Shop in the city? When replying no, and the Villager will tell the Player they are a member and send the Player an invite. Crazy Redd's sells many rare items that are mostly found there, but at very expensive prices. Redd also frequently sells paintings, and is the only place to find usual paintings. Unfortunately, more often than not are the paintings forgeries, and worth a measly 10 Bells to Tom Nook. Redd's stock consists of 1 painting, and two pieces of furniture. Fortunately, he changes his stock regularly, so the player can keep buying rare and collectible items.
The Marquee is the theater in between Redd's and The Happy Room Academy, where the usual performer is Dr. Shrunk, while sometimes Frillard will appear. It is possible for the player to learn up to four emotions here. When Frillard makes an appearance, the emotion that the Player will receive would be considered a "Special Emotion".
Happy Room Academy
The Happy Room Academy, or the HRA, is the headquarters where Lyle works. It is here that a model room for decorating is shown. Player's may also converse with Lyle to check their scores, have the current model room explained or have the mailing features turned on or off. The featured model room would either a random Villager's or the Player's itself.
GracieGrace is a shop that sells highly priced furniture, clothes and accessories that consists of four Furniture themes that are refreshed every cycle. Labelle is the clerk, but occasionally the owner, Gracie, will appear. Gracie can give the Player fashion advice if the player asks her. She holds fashion checks for the Player every time they encounter Gracie and will tell if the Player have passed the test or not. When passing, Gracie will give a randomly given percent off of any items the Player purchases in the store for one day.
The Auction House is a building run by Lloid, the gyroid. Here, items can be displayed and bid on by the Player and other Player's via Wi-Fi. Furniture can also be obtained to be displayed by taking it out of the Player's inventory or the Player's closet or dresser.
The Fortune Shop is a place to get fortunes and how to live a charmed life. It's run by Katrina. Katrina can give the player fortunes and their charm for the month. In order to get another fortune (after the first time the player has their fortune told) they must wait at least a week, as Katrina uses the stars to tell fortunes.
- Although he doesn't have his own building, Kicks will normally be seen sitting on the stairs in front of a boarded up shop. He will not be seen on rainy days. For 500 bells Kicks will offer a shoe-shine which changes the color of the player's shoes. The player can either choose to match their shoes with their hair or clothing (matching with custom-patterned shirts will only grant the default color). He will not charge the player if their shoe color does not change at all.
The Bus Stop is used to go to the city and return back home. This is where Kapp'n's bus stops, and it only comes once heading to the bus stop pad and select it to either go to the city or return home.
Reset Surveillance Center
- Silver Shovel if they will get out of the room. This room can be found to the right of the City's street tunnels that is sometimes closed off by traffic cones at times. But it may open up on random days when there are no traffic cones in sight and some light can be seen with the lights on after 8:00 PM. The Player may come to the Reset Surveillance Center numerous times and when encountering Resetti and the Reset Surveillance Center for the first time, Resetti will attempt to shoo the Player out and will give the Player a
- It's rumored that if the player sees a character in the plaza that is not living in their town and they talk to them frequently, the chance of them moving in increases.