|Hours||12 P.M. - 2 A.M.|
|Regional names|| Club MDR|
Club LOL (クラブ シショー Club Shishō (444)?) is a building which debuts in New Leaf and replaces The Roost and The Marquee as the main entertainment venue. Dr. Shrunk runs the business, after retiring from his comedian role. The name comes from "LOL," which means "Laugh Out Loud." This is an explicit reference to Dr. Shrunk and his comedy performances at the club.
The club serves two purposes; during the day the player can visit Dr. Shrunk to learn emotions while seeing him perform his shows, but they have to give him a snack. It is rumored that the player can interact with Dr. Shrunk during his performances.
During the night, the player can visit the Club to see K.K. Slider perform his songs or to see him DJ under the name of DJ K.K. On nights where the outside signs are pink, DJ K.K. will play 8-Bit versions of his songs. On nights where the outside signs are blue, DJ K.K. will play his regular DJ remixes. On Saturdays, when the signs are yellow, K.K. Slider will perform his normal guitar music. Either of these shows can be cancelled if the player uses Wisp and K.K.'s amiibo to force K.K. to visit the campground. If this happens, Club LOL will close at 8:00. If the player tries to enter, a notification will pop up stating that the club has ceased operations for the night due to unforeseen circumstances.
Obtaining the Building
To obtain the building, the player must upgrade Nookling Junction to T&T Mart and have the Public Works Project option unlocked at the Town Hall. After getting the requirements, Dr. Shrunk will visit the mayor's house the next time they start the game. He will ask for permission to build his new business in Main Street. The player may give him permission, ask him what he wants to build, or decline.
After giving him permission, the player must obtain six signatures from villagers in their town in order to obtain the building. Dr. Shrunk will give the player a clipboard to collect the signatures, which will open up the option of asking for a signature when talking to a villager. After the signatures are acquired, the player must return the clipboard to Dr. Shrunk who is located in Main Street. The club will open 4-8 days later.
Villagers who live in the town will visit Club LOL to watch performances. Visiting players may also watch performances in Club LOL. They do not need to sit down, as when they had to in City Folk.
Dr. Shrunk is the owner of Club LOL and, similar to previous games, will give a "comedy" performance. The player must give him any type of fruit or mushroom to have him perform for them, and will only act for the player from 12:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Unlike past games, the player can store all of the emotions learned in a joke book given by Shrunk after the first performance. It appears next to the chat icon on the bottom of the touch screen, where it can be tapped to perform and rearrange emotions. There are 40 actions to obtain.
K.K. Slider performs in Club LOL on a Saturday night, since The Roost has been replaced with a new café. He will perform with his guitar in a similar way to his appearances in Wild World and City Folk, by taking requests from the Player or by playing a song from his collection at random.
He will give the Player a copy of the song he has just performed, unless there are multiple players in the town. Once the other players have left, K.K. will give a copy of the next song requested. In New Leaf, the songs feature unique album covers which can be placed as furniture in the House.
In the evenings from Sunday to Friday, K.K. Slider will appear on stage under the name DJ K.K.
His performances will be upbeat compared to his guitar solos. He will perform remixed versions of his own. He may also play a remixed version of the town tune. However, he will not give the player any of the music he plays on these days. The player can also dance by using the D-Pad.
Gyroids are used onstage during DJ K.K.'s set. By default, four gyroids appear from left to right: buzzoid, mega plinkoid, mini dekkoid, and tall strumboid. The player can choose to swap these with any others they may have in their pocket by going to Club LOL before 8 P.M., going up to them, and pressing A.
- In the Japanese version, the "444" (ししょー Shishō?) is a play on one of the pronunciations of "four" (四 shi?) in Japanese, and it doubles as a reference to Dr. Shrunk's name.
- In a few Asian cultures, the number "four" is considered unlucky. In Japanese, the number four is sometimes read as shi (し?), which has the same sound as "death" (死 shi?). An alternative reading of the Japanese name, "Club 444," can actually mean "Club Death-Death-Death."
- The way the letters are written makes Club LOL look like Club 101.
- While in Club LOL, the player will visually and constantly bob their head to the beat of the music.
- Depending on the day, the Club LOL sign outside will be one of three different colors; yellow for acoustic sessions (only on Saturday nights), pink for 8-bit versions of K.K. songs and blue for normal remixes of K.K. songs.
- The yellow 'Welcome' sign to the left of the door is misspelled as 'Welcom'.
- The glowing yellow background of the Club LOL sign is a silhouette of Dr. Shrunk's head.
- Strangely, the visor on the Samus Mask will sometimes go out when the player is listening to the remixed version of the song in New Leaf.