Club LOL (クラブ シショー Club Shishō (444)?), stylized as "CLUB lol," is a new building which debuts in Animal Crossing: New Leaf and replaces The Roost and The Marquee as the main entertainment venue. Dr. Shrunk runs the business, after retiring from his comedian role. The name comes from "LOL," which means "Laugh Out Loud." This is an explicit reference to Dr. Shrunk and his comedy performances at the club.
The club serves two purposes; during the day the player can visit Dr. Shrunk to learn emotions while seeing him perform his shows, but they have to give him a snack. It is rumored that the Player can interact with Dr. Shrunk during his performances.
During the night, the player can visit the Club to see K.K. Slider perform his songs or to see him DJ under the name of DJ K.K. On nights where the outside signs are pink, DJ K.K. will play 8-Bit versions of his songs. On nights where the outside signs are blue, DJ K.K. will play his regular DJ remixes. On Saturdays, when the signs are yellow, K.K. Slider will perform his normal guitar music.
Obtaining the Building
The player must acquire 6 signatures from their villagers.
To obtain the building, the player must upgrade Nookling Junction to T&T Mart and have the Public Works Project option unlocked at the Town Hall. After getting the requirements, Dr. Shrunk will visit the mayor's house the next time they start the game. He will ask for permission to build his new business in Main Street. The player may give him permission, ask him what he wants to build, or decline.
After giving him permission, the player must still obtain signatures from the villagers in their town in order to obtain the building. Dr. Shrunk will give the player a clipboard to collect the signatures, which will open up the option of asking for a signature when talking to a villager. After the signatures are acquired, the player must return the clipboard to Dr. Shrunk who is located in Main Street. The club will open 4-8 days later.
Villagers who live in the town will visit Club LOL to watch performances. Visiting Players may also watch performances in Club LOL. They do not sit down, as when they used to in the last game in the series, City Folk.
Dr. Shrunk is the owner of Club LOL and, similar to previous games, will give a "comedy" performance. The player must give him any type of fruit or mushroom to have him perform for them, and will only act for the player from 12:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Unlike past games, the player can store all of the emotions learned in a joke book given by Shrunk after the first performance. It appears next to the chat icon on the bottom of the touch screen, where it can be tapped to perform and rearrange emotions. There are 40 actions to obtain.
K.K. Slider performs in Club LOL on a Saturday night, since The Roost has been replaced with a new café. He will perform with his guitar in a similar way to his appearances in Animal Crossing: Wild World and Animal Crossing: City Folk, by taking requests from the Player or by playing a song from his collection at random.
His performances will be upbeat compared to his guitar solos. He will perform remixed versions of his own. He may also play a remixed version of the town's town tune. However, he will not give the player any of the music he plays on these days. The player can also dance by using the D-Pad.
Gyroids are used onstage during DJ K.K.'s set. By default, four Gyroids appear from left to right: Buzzoid, Mega Plinkoid, Mini Dekkoid and Tall Strumboid. The player can choose to swap these with any others they may have in their pocket by going to Club LOL before 8pm, going up to them, and pressing A.
- In the Japanese version, the "444" (ししょー Shishō?) is a play on one of the pronunciations of "four" (四 shi?) in Japanese, and it doubles as a reference to Dr. Shrunk's name.
- In a few Asian cultures, the number "four" is considered unlucky. In Japanese, the number four is sometimes read as shi (し?), which can mean "death" (死 shi?). An alternative reading of the Japanese name, "Club 444," can actually mean "Club Death-Death-Death."
- The way the letters are written makes Club LOL look like Club 101.
- While in Club LOL, the player will visually and constantly bob their head to the beat of the music.
- Outside Club LOL every day, there would either be red or green coloring up the sign and standee, or just regular light
- The yellow 'Welcome' sign to the left of the door is misspelled as 'Welcom'.
- The glowing yellow background of the Club LOL sign is a silhouette of Dr. Shrunk's head.
- Strangley, the visor on the Samus Mask will sometimes go out when you are listening to the remixed version of your song in New Leaf.
|Warning: Spoilers start here.|
|Spoilers end here.|