"Two-bedroom, two-bath home for rent!
|Service|| Happy Home Showcase (NL)|
Facility Rebuilding (HHD)
|Coffee|| Blue Mountain|
None at all
None at all
|Regional names|| Max |
"My! My! Welcome!"Digby (ケント, Kento?) is a dog who is in charge of the Happy Home Showcase in New Leaf, and is the twin brother of Isabelle. He can be seen standing at the Showcase's entrance all day long.
— Digby, upon being talked to by the player.
In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, he is a normal staff member at Nook's Homes and can help you with rebuilding facilities you have already built. You unlock this feature after upgrading the school with Isabelle.
Digby is mostly brown in coloration. He wears a white shirt under his red suit coat, accompanied with a yellow tie and blue pants. On rainy or snowy days, he will wear a yellow raincoat and red boots. He resembles Isabelle in his features; he has the same eyes, but his white patch is seen running up the middle of his face and he has a tuft of hair sticking out on the top of his head. He also has six pink freckles, with three on each cheek.
Digby has a relaxed personality much like his sister, Isabelle. He is patient and very straight-forward, although he sometimes feels concerned about his job being the gate guard of the Happy Home Showcase area. He also gets along with his sister Isabelle, as she does also.
Happy Home Designer
Digby also appears in Happy Home Designer, where he plays as your co-worker. Digby's job is to work with all of the paper work, and you usually see him at night-time working on some paperwork. He doesn't interact with you much, though he is an important character. However, after designing enough facilities, Digby will give you the option to rebuild any facilities that you already have, and takes over instead of Isabelle during remodeling days.
- Digby's Japanese name may be a pun on the on'yomi of the kanji for dog (犬 inu?), ken (ケン?).
- The Spanish name of Digby is Candrés, a pun between "Can", as another form of "Dog" in Spanish (from Canis, meaning "Dog" in latin) and "Andrés".
- Digby's English name may be a reference to the word "Dig", referencing that dogs sometimes dig holes.
- Digby shares his birthday with Isabelle since they are twins.
- It's impossible to get in or out of the Happy Home Showcase without Digby as the player cannot sneak past him.
- If the player attempts to walk past Digby when leaving the Happy Home Showcase, he will strike up conversation with the player regarding them leaving.
- If Digby reveals one of his coffee preferences at the cafe, he will also mention Isabelle's; however, it will not be highlighted like other coffee preference dialogues.
- Digby has the voice of a jock villager.
- In Happy Home Designer, Lottie is shown to have a huge crush on Digby. He seems oblivious to this, though.
- Coincidentally, Littlest Pet Shop (2012) also has a Shih-tzu with brown ears, named Digby.