Donations are money the player can give to the Town Hall to support their cause. In Wild World, donations are given to the poor town of Boondox. In City Folk, the donations will go toward the town fund, raising money for improvements to the town, as Boondox is not mentioned in City Folk.
Donations in Wild World
- 10,000 Bells - Green feather
- 200,000 Bells - Blue feather
- 500,000 Bells - Yellow Feather
- 800,000 Bells - Red feather
- 1,100,000 Bells - Purple feather
- 1,400,000 Bells - White feather
- 6,400,000 Bells - Rainbow feather
- 15,000,000 Bells - Boondox will be revamped into Boondopolis
Donations in City Folk
- 200,000 Bells - A new bridge
- 400,000 Bells - A fountain (Required for gold and silver axes)
- 1,000,000 Bells - A windmill (increases town rating Perfect Town) or lighthouse (increases probability of rare fish appearing)
- Every further 1,000,000 Bells will give players in town the option to switch from the windmill to the lighthouse, or vice versa.
Keep in mind that any Bells donated in excess of the amounts listed will simply be lost - they will not be credited toward the next town expansion.