|Service||Owner of campground|
|Regional names|| Panieru|
"..Harv? Oh! You mean me!"Harvey (パニエル Panieru) is a special dog character that debuts in the Welcome amiibo update of New Leaf. Harvey is the owner of the campground. Besides explaining the campground, Harvey also sells special furniture in exchange for MEOW Coupons.
— Harvey, New Leaf
During the day Harvey interacts with yellow birds by feeding them with birdseed. A single yellow bird frequently sits on his head until scared away by nets and other tools. Through certain dialogue Harvey will offer the player throwing beans, marking the first worldwide release of this previously Japanese-exclusive item.
As a stereotypical hippie, Harvey tends to act absentminded, forgetting how he knows the player when they try to engage in discussion with him. He does not like technology, nor is he very good at using it, and he is also a vegan. He loves nature and birds.
- According to the Animal Crossing Direct in which he was revealed, Harvey has a crush on Harriet. In one of his dialogues he reveals to know Harriet for a long time.
- In the Direct, Harvey is hinted to wear a different headband each day, although no one notices.
- Occasionally he can be seen scattering birdseed to feed the birds or pretending to fly.
- At night, the birds will not appear, and he will instead sip coffee or play the Maracas and or Tambourine.
- His English name is a pun on the acronym "RV" with an H added to create a name.
- He has the voice of a smug villager.
- If it is raining or snowing, Harvey will be wearing a raincoat and hat. His items will also have a tarp surrounding them.