Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the Animal Crossing series, hobbies are past-times that the villagers in the player's town may take up to occupy their time. Hobbies include walking, fossil collecting, bug catching, fishing, fashion, gardening, and home improvement. Hobbies affect villagers in many ways - their conversations vary, the content of their homes change, and what they wear or carry may differ as well.
In Wild World the hobby of the villager will change if the player prevents them from moving.
Villagers often talk of their hobby depending on their personality, explaining why they chose it and what they would like to achieve. In City Folk, lazy villagers may ask the player to guess what their current hobby is.
List of Hobbies
- Bug catching - Much like fishing, villagers collect insects for display in their homes. In Wild World, residents have competitions with the player to find a certain insect as fast as they can. In City Folk, villagers simply ask for a specific insect, often in exchange for a reward. Villagers with this hobby carry nets.
- Fashion - Animals ask for new clothes in exchange for gifts. Sometimes, requests may be very specific. Items of clothing can be rejected if the villager deems them too unattractive. Lazy villagers might say that they're becoming a super hero, named Super Spiffy (name here). And that he may ask the player for style tips later on, since the player will be his sidekick. They also say that they're now gonna stop wearing only the clothes their mom sends them. They also can call themselves Fashion Lad, also making the player their "sidekick".
- Fishing - Villagers with this hobby collect fish to put in their house. In Wild World, villagers often treated their hobby as more of a competition to see who could catch a fish the fastest. They could ask for a specific fish, the rarest fish, or even the biggest fish, and would always take the fish in exchange for a present if they lost. In City Folk, animals ask for a certain fish that they would like, often in exchange for a reward. Animals that enjoy fishing carry fishing rods around town.
- Fossil collecting - Villagers who enjoy collecting fossils will sometimes ask for a fossil, specific or any. These will usually be placed inside the villager's homes. They will not accept or even acknowledge unidentified fossils. Villagers with this hobby can be seen carrying shovels.
- Furniture - Animals may ask for a color or specific furniture set. With colors there are items that they may reject if there is not enough of the color on the piece of furniture.
- Gardening - Villagers who enjoy planting flowers. Flowers appear around the villager's house in great amounts, but are not tended to or organized. These animals carry watering cans.
- Walking - An automatic second hobby of all villagers. Villagers talk of their favorite routes, what they notice on their walk, and how refreshing they find their walk to be. They can sometimes ask the player if they want to walk with the villager if they're not busy. Normal villagers will usually say that there are little flowers blooming where there were none yesterday, and that that's the kind of little discovery that warms their heart. Cranky villagers will usually say, "You may think I'm a tired old man for saying this, but I like walking slow. Everyone these days have caught up with speed walking, but who needs speed? Wander around on a day like this and see what you discover." Peppy villagers might say, "Walking time, walking time! Time to get all fit and stuff (catchphrase) ! I just ate, like, 50 pounds of (dessert), so now I'm feeling kinda bloated," or they might say, "I'm gonna have (dessert) tonight, so I'm gonna walk it off now. The more I walk now, the better it will taste later!"
- Seashell collecting - This a rare hobby that sometimes Marina and Eloise will have. The villager will usually be seen walking on the beach and will talk about seashells. They will ask the player to get seashells for them.