| This article requires clean-up to meet the quality standards of the Animal Crossing Wiki.|
Please this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
Insurance can be obtained from Lyle only in Wild World. Lyle visits the player's town every Saturday and he waits for the player in front of the their house. After paying 3,000 Bells to Lyle, insurance will cover three main things:
|Bee Sting||100 Bells|
|Forged Painting||100 Bells|
For example, any forged painting could be sold to Lyle for 100 Bells, rather than going to Tom Nook and receiving only 10 Bells for a forged painting.
Many villagers believe this to be a scam. There is no way to recover the money lost with Insurance because Lyle will stop giving money after a total of 10 Bee Stings, 9 Forgeries, and 10 Trips, which equals 2,900 bells. Insurance does not appear in any previous games. It does not appear in City Folk, because Lyle has begun working for the Happy Room Academy.
Massive Health Insurance Scam
Lyle is rumored to be involved with Crazy Redd in a large-scale scam, tricking villagers into buying things at ludicrous prices. Some villagers will tell the player they feel as if there is a health insurance scam operating in the area. His apparent partner, Redd, illegally sells rare and valuable items at the Black Market, often counterfeiting rare paintings and vases. He pressures the player into buying his items. Although there is no definite proof of their scamming co-operation, it becomes slightly evident with a few clues:
- In Lyle's Insurance Questionnaire, he asks what date the player would prefer Redd to appear. The answer will be the date for Redd's future appearances. Also, Lyle suspiciously mumbles "Not that I'm involved with Redd".
- When Crazy Redd has the Famous Painting in his shop and the player walks in, he will be mumbling "..Better inform Lyle about this..they're getting suspicious..". He then notices the player and carries on his business. Perhaps the police have picked up on the scam.
- Lyle forces the player to give him 3000 Bells after the questionnaire. The only way to avoid this is to not take the quiz/not have enough money. Redd has the exact same price, 3000 Bells, to join the Black Market.
- Redd mutters "What with all the police sniffing around here" after he tells the player "you can't be too safe".
- Lyle says the insurance will last forever, however, the Insurance will expire after 2,900 bells, which is 100 bells less than Player paid for.
- If the player has 3000 bells the day after the insurance expires, the Insurance will automatically be renewed and 3000 bells will be taken from the player's bank account or pocket.