|Coffee preferences||Mocha, lots of milk, 3 spoonfuls of sugar.|
|Appearance(s)||Animal Crossing: New Leaf|
|Regional Names|| しずえ (Shizue)|
- "Good morning, Mayor!"
- — Isabelle, when being talked to by the player when the game is first turned on in the morning.
Isabelle (しずえ, Shizue) is a dog that appears in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. When first announced, during the New Leaf developer commentary, Isabelle was not given a name, but was referred to as simply Secretary (ひしょ Hisho?), then named in the June 2012 Nintendo Direct as Shizue. Her name was changed in February 14th, 2013 at the Nintendo Direct to Isabelle, to localize her in English. She assists the player in his or her new role as the town mayor as their secretary and assistant. She is also the twin sister of Digby, who works and stands in the front entrance to the Happy Home Showcase.
She has also appeared in a manga called Tobidase Dōbutsu no Mori Minna de Seseragi Mura Life as one of the main characters.
Isabelle is very clumsy and absent-minded. She also likes to respect others. She is very friendly and does not like confrontation. She is very keen to make the town a better place to live, by encouraging the player to do tasks and Public Works Projects throughout the town. Like many other secretaries, she can be hard on herself when she is side-tracked.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Isabelle is a bright yellow puppy who resembles a Shih Tzu. Her name is a play with words. Her head is also shaped like a bag of bells. She has a happy appearance with rosy cheeks and with a white fur patch on her tail and around her mouth. She wears a green checkered vest with a white top and a red ribbon underneath with a navy blue skirt. During fall and winter she wears a yellow cardigan instead of a vest. Her hair is tied up with a red ribbon with bells attached which actually jingle as she walks.
She wears different styled clothes on special events that are held around the town for example, a flowery shirt on the Fireworks Show and a santa-style shirt on Toy Day.
In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Capcom revealed outfits based on Isabelle and Mr. Resetti via its Unity blog, and confirmed that Felines' meow sound will be altered accordingly when they are equipped.
In Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
Isabelle was confirmed to be an assist trophy character in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, on the 4th of March, 2014 in the Wii U version (although she is also present in the 3DS version).She was shown again in the Super Smash Bros. Direct on the 8th of April. Later on was confirmed that she will help the fighter who summoned her by throwing fruit towards them that can be 'eaten', lowering their percentage. Fighters cannot interact with her.
In Mario Kart 8
Advice for living in Town
Asking Isabelle for advice for living in the town is a sub-quest the player can do.She will repeat advice several times even if finished. Apart from listening to her advice, the player is asked to buy a shovel, collect one seashell and catch either three bugs or fish and eventually receives a basket of non-native fruit and a watering can.She does not always give this quest.
Depending on what the player's native fruit is, Isabelle will give the player a certain non-native fruit:
- Apples = Oranges
- Cherries = Apples
- Oranges = Pears
- Peaches = Cherries
- Pears = Peaches
- "Is there something I can help you with today?"
- — Isabelle, offering the player assistance.
- "Okay! Let's... WAIT, WHAT?!"
- — Isabelle, when asked to delete the town.
- "I must say, I'm a fan of K.K. Slider myself..."
- — Isabelle at the introduction spotlight, after Club LOL has been built.
|Click "Show" to view the gallery.|
- Isabelle has her very own Twitter account, sending news about "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" every once in a while as of May 6, 2013: @animalcrossing
- Isabelle shares her birthday with Digby, since they're twins.
- Her English name, Isabelle, possibly comes from the resemblance of her head to a bag of Bells (Isabelle = 'is a Bell'). Her body (presumably her head) also makes the sound of a bag of coins when she walks.
- Her Japanese name, Shizue (しずえ?) may be interpreted as "quiet branch," perhaps referring to the tranquility of an Animal Crossing town. It can also be derived from her dog breed name "Shih Tzu".
- Her Spanish name is Canela (Cinnamon), a symbol of wisdom and good health. "Can" (Can-ela) is also another word for dog in Spain, and it is used in the Spanish version of the game with her brother's name (Candrés) as a pun.
- Her French name is Marie, a pun on the word Mairie (Town Hall) or Maire (Mayor).
- Her Italian name is Fuffi, a pun on the fact that she is a dog.
- She claims to be a fan of K.K. Slider.
- She is hinted to have a crush on the player (if male), seen when they ask her about the beach and on Valentine's Day.
- One of the only ways to get Isabelle's coffee preference is through her twin brother Digby.
- Isabelle changes her clothes starting on the second-half of October and ending at the 25th of February.
- She is seen to sleep in Town Hall and when the player goes up to the front of the counter, she wakes up with a surprised look on her, and then acts embarrassed.
- Isabelle only has one tooth.
- Isabelle has the voice of a peppy villager.
- If the player catches her sleeping in New Leaf, the Dream Suite will be added as a Public Work Project.
|Forest / Crossing|| Male: Biskit | Bones | Bow (AFe+) | Butch | Champagne (AFe+) | Lucky | Masa (AFe+) | Walker (AFe+) |
Female: Bea | Megumi (AFe+) | Cookie | Daisy | Goldie | Maddie | Portia
|Wild World||Male: Biskit | Bones | Butch | Lucky | Walker |
Female: Daisy | Goldie | Portia
|City Folk||Male: Biskit | Bones | Butch | Lucky | Mac | Marcel | Walker |
Female: Cookie | Daisy | Goldie | Portia
|New Leaf||Male: Benjamin | Biskit | Bones | Butch | Lucky | Mac | Marcel | Shep | Walker |
Female: Cherry | Cookie | Daisy | Goldie | Portia
|Special Characters|| Male:Booker | Copper | Digby | K.K. Slider |
Female: Harriet | Isabelle | Serena