- "Feel free to try on anything you like!"
- — Labelle, Animal Crossing: City Folk,
|Service|| GracieGrace clerk (CF)|
Able Sisters clerk (NL)
|Appearances|| Animal Crossing: City Folk,|
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
|Regional names|| ケイト (Keito) |
Labelle (ケイト, Keito), also known as Label, is the store clerk for GracieGrace in Animal Crossing: City Folk, and the clerk at the accessories section of the Able Sisters store in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
She is the sister of Sable and Mabel who left home to work as a fashion designer in the city following their parents' death. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, she has returned to the family business and works at the sisters' shop on Main Street.
Labelle is a hedgehog with purple fur. Her eyes are black and she wears light blue eyeshadow. Labelle wears a black dress as her uniform with a scarf, apparently the design that Gracie wears for her tank shirt.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, she wears a black sleeveless dress with a white shirt underneath it. Her scarf has been redesigned to be light orange gingham.
Labelle is extremely dedicated to her job at GracieGrace in City Folk as well her later job at Able Sisters along with her sisters. She is polite to players, giving good fashion tips when Gracie isn't around, but other than that her personality is not shown. Villagers inside the store will comment that she looks vaguely familiar.
In New Leaf, she has a more restrained, coy personality. Her personality becomes more affable as the player increases their patronage in her accessory shop.
When the Able Sisters were young, Labelle was known as Label by the family. Their parents passed away, leaving Sable in charge of the family. Mabel was too young to help or even to remember what happened. Label had an argument with Sable and left for a new life in the city as a fashion designer, where she met Gracie, who gave her a new name, Labelle, to better reflect her life as a designer and in an attempt to start fresh. She uses this as a fashion range for herself and later her sisters.
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, Labelle begins to send letters to Mabel in an attempt to try and piece the family back together. This causes Mabel to be quiet and depressed when the player talks to her. An option is then presented to the player to hear the backstory of the sisters. After this, the player can then travel to the city and quiz Labelle about it, who concedes that she had done wrong and wishes to make amends with the sisters. The story concludes with Mabel wishing that Sable would talk with Labelle again.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the same story can be uncovered by talking to Sable every day for ten days. Labelle now works at the Able Sisters running the accessories section of the shop, suggesting that the sisters have made friends again. Interestingly, she still keeps the designer name Labelle. At the end of the story, Sable offers the player access to the QR Machine, which is used to share patterns over the internet.
- Although her name is designed to match Mabel and Sable, in real life her name would be pronounced 'luh-BELL'; this, however, is somewhat of a moot point due to her real name, Label.
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the player's current Labelle's personality is linked to other towns.
- If the player purchases at least one item for 31 days, either in a row or seperate, she will give the player a Mannequin. Hers is the most difficult to obtain.
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, unlike other clerks, Labelle doesn't have a first initial dialogue when the player visits her accessory store.
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Labelle has the voice of a normal villager.
- In Animal Crossing: City Folk, animals in the store will comment that she has charisma.