"It's all about the muscle."
|Birthday||March 26th (Aries)|
|Initial phrase|| toots |
|Initial clothes|| Lil Bro's shirt (AF-AFe+) |
Big Bro's Tee (HHD)
|Home request||A 30th-anniversary party!|
|Coffee|| Blue Mountain,|
|Appearances||AF, AF+, AC, AFe+, HHD, NL|
|Regional names|| Louis|
Louie (マッスル, Muscle?) is a jock gorilla villager in the Animal Crossing series. His Japanese name is a reference to jock villagers talking about their muscles. He was one of many villagers to be cut from Wild World to City Folk, and he wouldn't make another appearance until Happy Home Designer as a free DLC download at the games' launch in Europe (October 2nd, 2015), with exclusive items, but will possibly be available worldwide. He will also wear the Big Bro's shirt this time around. He was available for North America starting September 26 via Nintendo Zone, and was available via Spotpass on October 6th. He was available to download again in Japan from January 5th to 31st.
|Below is a brief description of the jock personality. For more information, click here.|
- Louie's name is based off of Luigi, also represented by his initial outfit, the Lil Bro's Shirt.
- Odd enough, his counterpart, Alfonso, continued appearing in the later Animal Crossing games, while Louie was removed for unknown reasons. Louie would return in Happy Home Designer, but instead of the Lil Bro's Shirt, he is wearing a Big Bro Shirt like Alfonso.
- He wasn't the only Nintendo character named Louie with the name taken from Luigi. Louie from Pikmin 2 did as well.
- In Happy Home Designer, his home request is a "30th-anniversary party", yet another reference to Mario and Luigi, since 2015 is the 30th year since their first appearance, and 2015 being the year of Happy Home Designer's release.
- He has the same catchphrase as Yodel in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.
|Welcome amiibo Card|
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/646368742239260672
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/collabo/index.html#contents02