"Don't bite the hand that feeds you."
|Initial clothes||No. 23 Shirt|
The regular amount of milk,
Two spoonfuls of sugar
|Favorite song||K.K. Dirge|
|Appearances|| Animal Forest,|
Dōbutsu no Mori e+,
Animal Crossing: Wild World,
Animal Crossing: City Folk,
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
|Regional names|| Ramsès |
- — Picture quote, Animal Crossing: Wild World
Lucky (ラッキー, Lucky?) is a lazy dog villager from the Animal Crossing series. His name comes from the fact that he has a full body cast and is still alive, making him "lucky". Or, it could be perceived as ironic, seeing that Lucky is not very lucky at all. His picture quote is an exclamation people say when they hurt themselves and his catchphrase is the same thing, only that it is a combination of a popular way to interpret the sound dogs make, and saying "owch".
Lucky is a dog that is in a full body cast. His left eye is seen peeking through his bandages, which is yellow with no pupil. The fur around his eye, on his ears and on his tail is fully black. His initial shirt is the No. 23 Shirt. Many consider him to be an Egyptian dog, while others consider his appearance to be the result of a fishing accident. Some people even think he may just be disguised as a mummified Egyptian dog, but no one truly knows what he looks like under his bandages.
Below is a brief description of the lazy personality. For more information, click here.
Lazy villagers have a relaxed and laid-back approach to living in the town. They appear friendly in the way they speak and talk about hobbies, particularly fishing and fossil finding. They find it easy to get along and talk to other villagers, including the player, particularly other lazy villagers and normal villagers, who also share their parent-like interests and approach to living in the town. Peppy villagers may appear sisterly towards him, but he may anger them on the rare occasion. He may confuse jock villagers, who have an opposing lifestyle of health fitness, which conflict with their lifestyle. He will also get along well with cranky villagers, as they too prefer the slow paced lifestyle and outlook on life. He doesn't get along with snooty villagers because he doesn't care about his physical appearance.
Lucky's house in all games has had an egyptian theme to it. In the GC games, Lucky's house had two Legend of Zelda swords and two squat dingloids. In Wild World and City Folk, his house is still unchanged with two dingloids as usual. In New Leaf, although he keeps his Egyptian styled house like in the past games, he has changed the flooring and instead he keeps one Tall Dingloid instead of two dingloids. In all games, he plays K.K. Dirge in his house.
In Animal Forest e+, Avery had Lucky's furniture styling, only that he had changed the wallpaper to the Basement Wall and with the flooring being the same.
- Lucky's default No. 23 Shirt may be a reference to the 23 Enigma, a phenomenon relating misfortune to the number 23.
- Lucky bears a slight resemblance to a gibdo from the Legend of Zelda franchise.
- Some have speculated that Lucky is an undead version of Walker, as the color of their ears and tails are the same, and the difference of the numbers on their default shirts is 44, a number foreboding death in some east Asian superstitions.
- According to "The Crossing Guardian," the now-defunct official website for the original Animal Crossing, Lucky was given his bandages following "a bizarre fishing accident involving a hook and two bass." This is the only official explanation for Lucky's appearance, with no other statements from Nintendo in any way.