"Dreams are but a reflection
of your unconscious self."
|Regional names|| Serena|
Luna (ゆめみ, Yumemi?) is a tapir introduced in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. She can be found in the Dream Suite adjacent to Club LOL once it is unlocked by talking to Isabelle when she is seen asleep at her desk. She also has the voice of a snooty villager, but it is somewhat deeper, similar to Joan.
Luna has dark blonde hair tied in a bun, with three white flowers. She has dark brown skin with blue "freckles" underneath her eyes. She also has light pink eyeshadow and red lipstick. Her white and pink contrasting dress is very formal. Her ears are white at the top, descending to brown, and a dark brown color on the inside.
Luna allows the player to dream walk in previously visited towns or simply any town picked up over SpotPass. While in this virtual version of the town, the player can do anything they like, though the changes will not be saved to the real version and items cannot be brought back to the real world. Wendell is occasionally in the dream and he can give the visitor that player's patterns to take home.
- Her English name is the Latin, Spanish and Italian word for "moon."
- Similarly, her Japanese name means "dreaming."
- Her German name contains the German/English word "Serenade".
- Her Spanish name, Alakama, is a play on a la cama, or "to the bed."
- Her Italian name, Sonia, is a play on the word "sonno" meaning "sleepy"
- In Japanese culture, tapirs are said to eat dreams. This may be why Luna appears in the game with her service. Her Japanese name, ゆめみ, also refers to dreams.
- Along with Joan, Farley, and the player (In the Happy Home Showcase or in a Dream Town) Luna is the only character to have her own unique voice. Her voice, though still distinctly female, is pitched noticeably lower than other female characters in the game.
- It's hinted that it was Luna who made the suggestion to build the Dream Suite to Isabelle.
- She appears in the background of the Animal Crossing stage, in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U.