- This article is about the rabbit villager from the Animal Crossing series. For the the ore, see ore.
- This article is about the peppy rabbit from the Animal Crossing series. For the jock cat, see Rudy.
- This article is about a peppy rabbit from the Animal Crossing series. For the tapir, see Luna.
"You can always take the red-eye."
|Birthday||December 25th (Capricorn)|
|Initial phrase||li'l ears|
|Initial clothes||Bunny Tee|
|Home request||A room for moon gazing|
|Coffee|| Blue Mountain,|
Lots of milk,
Three spoonfuls of sugar
|Favorite song||K.K. Ska|
|Appearances||WW, CF, NL, HHD|
|Regional names|| Rubis |
Rubina (CF onwards)
"I'm not sick, I'm just Albino!"Ruby (ルナ, Luna?) is a peppy rabbit villager from the Animal Crossing series. Her name refers to the gem ruby, since her eyes are a deep red, which is an effect of albinism. She could be very loosely based on Ruby from the show Max and Ruby, as both of them are white rabbits. Her picture quote is also a reference to albinism. Her birthday is on Christmas Day. She first appeared in Wild World. She appears on the album cover for K.K. Adventure.
— Picture quote, Wild World
Ruby resembles an American rabbit and is albino, with white fur, red eyes, three red freckles on both cheeks, and melon-pink inside her ears. Her initial shirt is a bunny shirt and is based on her appearance as a rabbit.
|Below is a brief description of the peppy personality. For more information, click here.|
In Wild World when the player first encounters Ruby in her house, she will have many items from the lovely series in her home, as well as two gyroids: the Slim Quazoid and Tall Quazoid. She will also have the Lunar Horizon wallpaper, and Moon Floor flooring, the only space-themed interior objects that relates to her Japanese name, Luna. She will not initially own any of the music-playing pieces of furniture (i.e. a Tape Deck, Retro Stereo, etc.), but after obtaining one, she will play K.K. Ska.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, her interior can relate to her name better, for she now has multiple pieces of furniture from the space-themed furniture set.
- Her moon wallpaper and carpet, as well as her original Japanese name, might be a reference to the moon rabbit.
- In the German version of Wild World, Ruby was mistakenly given a male name, "Tommi".
- The 2008 horror webcomic RubyQuest features many characters inspired by (or at least named after) Animal Crossing characters, among these are Ruby, who is the main character, and her only friend Tom. However, the personality types of the characters in the comic do not necessarily correspond to their personalities in Animal Crossing, and as the comic uses little color, only the names and species of characters are an indication of which character inspired them.
- The mangaka Gosho Aoyama said Ruby is his favourite Animal Crossing character.