Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The title of this article is conjectural. An official name for the article's subject has not been found, so it has been given a fitting title by editors. If there is an official name, it is requested that Smug be moved to the correct name.|
Smug (ボク Boku, or キザ Kiza) is a new personality in New Leaf. They are very polite, kind, and gentleman-like, and will easily get along with other villagers. They seem to be a mix between all personality types and are lively, kind, and positive, but may come off as conceited. In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Smugs tend to have a bigger ego and talk about how much they're cool most of the time and cooler than everyone else. They also will occasionally flirt with the player, especially if they are female. They wake up at 8:30 am and sleep at 2:00 am (in New Leaf). So far there are 31 smug villagers throughout the game and notably, some villagers in previous Animal Crossing games have had their personalities changed to smug for New Leaf.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by smug villagers.
- "How goes it, <player>! If I may be so bold, you're looking as cool as [nods] a fair number of cucumbers."
- "Hey, <player>. Seems quiet today, huh? Like, too quiet. <catchphrase>."
- "Hey, <player>. I feel like we need more dancing happening right now. Shoom! [does flourish emote] OK, that's a little better."
- "Hey, that's not cool, <player>! I will suffer your slings and arrows no more, <catchphrase>!"
- (in a player's house) "Oh, an <instrument>...So you not only listen to music, but you can play an instrument...<player>! We should totally have a jam session! [does joy emote] I'll bring the acoustic guitaaaaar!"
Names in other languages