The title of this article is conjectural; an official name for the article's subject has not been found, so it has been given a fitting title by editors. If there is an official name, it is requested that the article Snooty be moved to the correct name.
- This article is about a personality from the Animal Crossing series. For the villager, see Snooty (villager).
Snooty villagers (あたし Atashi, or オトナ Otona) (sometimes called Snobby) villagers are female characters in the Animal Crossing series. They are called snooty villagers because they act more mature and higher-class than other villagers. They are usually portrayed wearing makeup and high-end clothes that match their style, and their homes appear luxurious, though there are some exceptions. As of now, there are 65 snooty villagers.
Snooty villagers are well-spoken and sometimes appear offensive and rude towards other villagers, including the player. They are self-centered, hot-tempered, and sarcastic, but if the player talks to them often, they open up and become more kind, sometimes giving the player lessons in fashion. However, this doesn't prevent them from making the occasional scathing comment. Snooty villagers usually have exotic or upper-class names, or names relating to high-value items and gemstones, making them easy to distinguish when talking to villagers around the town.
Snooty villagers go to sleep at 3:00 AM in the original Animal Crossing and wake up at 9:00 AM. In Animal Crossing: Wild World, and Animal Crossing: City Folk they go to sleep at 3:30 AM, and wake up at 9:00 AM. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf they wake up at 9:30 AM and sleep at 2:00 AM. Like the peppy and normal villagers, they read "Ms. Nintendique" frequently, coming out with quotations from the magazine such as what their lucky item of the day is, or saying that they bought so much blush that the magazine gave them an item, which they then give to the player. They will often talk about Gracie and how much they love her clothing.
They will find it difficult to socialize with most villagers, who have conflicting lifestyles to their own. They do not understand how lazy villagers can relax and not worry about their physical appearance. They also cannot fathom how jock villagers exercise or talk about exercising seemingly constantly and not worry about fashion; a jock villager's comment on the snooty villager's fitness will anger them. Normal villagers usually do not get along with them, and on most occasions both villagers criticize each other or the normal villager gets offended by the snooty villager's criticism. Peppy villagers sometimes, without knowing, let their ideas come out; for example, a peppy villager may say "You know you're always rude...", leading the snooty villager to leave the conversation annoyed. They get along with cranky villagers, who share their maturity and viewpoints on life.
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, when you talk to snooty villagers in the city, they will sometimes do the irritation emote before saying anything to you.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by snooty villagers.
- Oh hey! I've been hearing people talk about you. They're saying you don't speak politely. Really, being polite is the easiest thing in the world. Just say "please" a lot. As in, "please share your <dessert> with me, or else!" Or, "please don't spread rumors about me, or else!" Got it, <catchphrase>?"
- Stop shouting! I'm right here, I can hear you fine, <catchphrase>!
- Oh, <Player>, you're priceless, you know that? You're like a peppy little bag of fun, <catchphrase>!
- <Player>, you do talk a lot, you know that, <catchphrase>?
- You filthy ogre! I hope you get stung by a thousand bees!
- NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE! I'm saying, that's a nice <furniture> you've got there.
- Is that how you get your kicks, <catchphrase>?!
- <Lazy Villager name>, I hear you've been eating a lot of diet <dessert> lately?
- I don't want to live in a world where I have to eat sugar-free cookies...
- Ooooooh, I got tricked! <catchphrase>! You should NEVER trust Redd!
- (if met in a dream) My memories are a little fuzzy. I've got to keep reminding myself. I'm a <species> named <name>...I'm a <species> named <name>!
Below is only relevant to Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Snooty villagers will ask you the following question to trigger their portrait-giving sequence:
- "This may sound sudden to but... You do have siblings right?"
Responses will be:
- "Why do you ask?"
- "I don't know."
By choosing "I don't know", and after a tirade about being mysterious, she will reply by saying:
- "What would you say if I gave this to you? This is very rare."
- The Japanese name 'atashi' is a shortened form of 'watashi' that is considered cute, effeminate, and informal.