|Warning: This page contains information that may be recognized as in-game cheats or spoilers.|
|Gender||Male and/or Female|
|Service|| Snowman series,|
Ice series (NL),
Ski series (NL)
|Appearances||AF, AF+, AC, AFe+, WW, CF, NL, HHD|
|Regional names|| Yétiti |
"Man, this freezing little town is just the pits... If only I'd been rolled up in some tropical paradise instead..."
— Snowman, City Folk
A Snowman (ゆきだるま, Yukidaruma?) is a man made of snow, as the name indicates. They can be built during the winter time (December 11th to February 25th). 2-3 snowballs appear randomly everyday throughout the town. The player can use these to make a snowman. The snowballs are usually in different locations, and they have to be the right size. A good strategy is to make the body the size of the player and the head about the size of up to the players head. In Animal Crossing: New Leaf there are other snowmen and snow-women to create.
Snowmen come in different sizes and shapes of their heads and body, depending on how the player built them. They consist of two snowballs stacked together. They have dotty eyes and red triangle noses. They have five dots which forms the mouth, that doesn't move even when speaking.
In Wild World and beyond, their mouths have six dots instead of five.
In New Leaf, there are now four variants of snowmen. The first one has thick eyebrows and wears a black top hat and its mouth is replaced with a mustache. The second one is a "snowwoman," who has an extra snowball on the back of its head, resembling a hair bun. Its nose is a tall rectangle and its mouth is replaced with a lipstick decal. The third one, the "snowtyke", has an oval circle for a nose. The fourth one is the same snowman from the previous games.
Snowballs gain size when being pushed through the snow and slightly decrease in size when going over dirt or pavement. Initially, snowballs are controlled similar to sport balls, being kicked around. Once they get to a certain size they become more controllable, being pushed around instead. Two snowballs appear a day, so you can only make one snowman each day. However, if a snowball falls off a cliff ledge, rams into a hillside, slams into a house, gets hit by a shovel, falls into a hole, or dropped into the river, the ocean or pond, it will be lost. Under this circumstance, a new snowball will be randomly generated when you enter and leave a building so that you may try again later.
When the snowballs look to be the right size, push the smaller one on top of the larger one by pushing them near each other. The snowman will tell you if you did a perfect job, a good job, an average job, a poor job or a terrible job. The snowman's personality is determined by how it is made, for example, if you do a poor job it will often say bad things about their life like, "I just want to make one light shine before I melt away, oh woe is me." If you do a good job then it will say "I'll never be the best- looking guy on the block, but I can still lead a long and fulfilling life" However, if you did a perfect job it might say, "I'll be looking fine when I represent (town name) in the (year) Mr. Snowman Snowslam!" or "Though my body is cool, my soul is on fire. Yeah, that's me, all right! I've got to write that down somewhere."
You will also receive a snowman themed item from the Snowman series in the mail after the snowman melts away. The snowman will remain a few days and will shrink each day until he disappears. The snowman also asks you to build him a snow-lady. It does not affect whether you receive the furniture or not because it is impossible.
The snowman always knows what pieces you have and will never send you duplicates until you have every single piece in the series.
In City Folk, if a snowman is built anywhere on the pavement in front of the Town Gate, even out of the bus' path, the player will not be able to go to the city because the bus will not be able to stop, citing snowstorms. If the player builds a snowman right next to an obstacle such as another snowman, a house, or a tree it may have moved when you next see it or possibly even disappear.
Role in New Leaf
In New Leaf there is a whole snowman family to build, made up of four members each with their own size range: Papa, Mama, Snowtyke, and the regular Snowman, now known as Snowboy. Each Snowman can be made perfectly or imperfectly depending on whether or not the player uses the snowballs of a correct size. Each day, two snowballs will randomly spawn in the player's town, enabling them to build one snowman each day.
The Snowman is made by stacking two large-sized snowballs together. If he is made perfectly, he will ask the player to play bingo with him and give the player a bingo card which can not be dropped or deleted until February 25. This bingo card will have 24 random numbers on it, with a 'free spot' in the middle. Everyday until he melts, the player can return to him and play bingo. His eyes will spin, each displaying a number. If the number he displays matches any number on the player's bingo card, he will allow them to punch out that number. This number resets everyday when the player speaks to him. In addition, they can travel to other towns to speak to Snowman to get additional numbers that day. When the player gets bingo (5 numbers in a row) he will reward the player with a piece of the Ski Series.
- There is a slim chance that you will receive a number that is not present on your bingo card.
- You can build up to four Snowmen in your town (this is due to the fact that two snowballs spawn in your town every day, and each Snowman lives for four days before melting). Each of the Snowmen will provide the player with a number once every day for the same bingo card.
- Each player character can hold one bingo card.
- The Snowman will not give the player a bingo card if the inventory is full.
- NPC Dialogue indicates that it is possible to get more than one Bingo on the same card. However, the snowman will remove the player's card when giving him the item reward making it impossible to get another bingo on the same card.
- If you get a double or triple bingo (bingo in both vertical, horizontal and or diagonal rows) you will still only get one item.
The Snowmam is made by stacking a small-sized snowball onto a medium-sized snowball. The third, smaller snowball on her head will appear automatically when the two are pushed together. Snowmam will ask the player to give her snowflakes which can be seen occasionally flying around during the winter months in the players town and can be caught with the net. If she is made perfectly, she will only ask for 3 snowflakes, however if she is made imperfectly, she will ask for 5. In exchange, she will reward the player with a piece of the Ice Series. The player can give her as many snowflakes a day as they likes. She will also typically give the player the full Ice Series without duplicates, if the snowflakes are collected during her lifespan.
The Regular Snowman, now known as Snowboy, has the same appearance as the snowmen in the previous Animal Crossing games. To make Snowboy, the player must roll two medium-sized snowballs - with the top just slightly smaller - together. If he is made perfectly, he will compliment the player and the player will receive a piece of the Snowman Series in the mail the next day. If he is made imperfectly, the player will receive nothing.
The Snowtyke is made by stacking two very small snowballs together, or by stacking a larger snowball onto a smaller snowball. The Snowtyke will only give the player a gift when they have made the three other Snow People. He will reward the player with one of four items.
- Snowman Matryoshka = Snowtyke well formed + 3 others well formed.
- Snow Bunny = Snowtyke well formed + 2 others well formed + 1 other poorly formed
- Small Igloo = Snowtyke well formed + 1 other well formed + 2 others poorly formed
- Sleigh = Snowtyke well formed + 3 others poorly formed.
- In Animal Crossing and New Leaf, the snowman speaks in Animalese, but in Wild World and City Folk, it speaks in Bebebese.
- Snowman (now known as Snowboy) in New Leaf has the voice of a lazy villager.
- Snowman has the voice of a cranky villager.
- Snowmam has the voice of a snooty villager.
- Snowtyke has the voice of a peppy villager, despite being male. Its voice could emphasize Snowtyke's young age (as young boys have somewhat high-pitched voices).
- In New Leaf, the snowmen can be seen melting into a pile of snow as the days go by, unlike the previous games where this was implied by reducing their size.
- In New Leaf, if the player calls "Snowman" into the megaphone during the spring, summer, or fall; a voice will respond with, "There aren't any snowmen around this time of year!" In the winter, it will respond, "Maybe snowmen can't answer...?"
- In New Leaf, by Time Traveling backwards may cause the players' snowman to disappear, and any bingo cards owned to expire and become a disposable item.
- In New Leaf, building a snowman near a body of water (e.g.: river) will cause it to instantly melt if the player leaves the area.
- If you build a snowman right before the snow melts (e.g February 24), the snowman will still be there afterwards. In New Leaf, the Snowboy will talk about spring.