|Current time: 19:50, Wednesday the 27th of August, 2014 (UTC)|
|←||Previous month: July||Current month: August||Next month: September||→|
Spring in the Animal Crossing series starts on February 18, when the trees begin to turn green after being white for Winter, and ends on May 31. This should not be mistaken for the beginning of the spring season for bugs and fish, as these appear at the beginning of March. Snow completely disappears and the grass turns green on the 25th of February.
Below is a taste of what to expect in spring. Here is a list of the events, what happens in each, in what game and when.
- Flea Market (Third Sunday of February City Folk)- Players can visit villager's homes and buy selected items of furniture. Likewise, villagers can visit the Player's house and buy items from them, at a price set by the Player.
- Festivale (Third Monday of February City Folk)- Pavé appears in the Plaza. During this event you can win candy from other Villagers, which you can exchange for prizes through Pavé.
- Fishing Tourney (Second Saturday of March, April and May; City Folk)- Chip the fishing ace will set up a stall in the Plaza, and will challenge the villagers of the town to catch the biggest fish (overall, or selected type of fish). The competition ends at 6:00 PM, whereupon the winner will receive a trophy. A notice will also be put up on the bulletin board announcing the winner.
- Mother's Day (considered Mothering Sunday)(Two Sundays before Bunny Day; City Folk)- A letter from Mom will arrive featuring information about the day, including a present containing a pink carnation flower seed.
- April Fools Day (1 April City Folk)- Go and speak to Tortimer infront of Town Hall, he will give you a present - a leaf (a joke based on what furniture looks like outside the house).
- Bunny Day (12 April; City Folk)- Zipper T. appears outside Town Hall. Bunny Day is what is in place of Easter. Candy can be collected. Eggs appear around town and you can exchange these for egg furniture. 'Bunny Day' has a different date per year.
- Feria De Abril (24 April to 3 May; City Folk)- The Player will receive a flamenco hat and a flamenco dress as part of the Spanish event Feria De Abril, which is an event in Spain where local citizens dress up in these clothes.
- Pavé - A peacock who appears during Las Festivales on the 23rd of February. He exchanges candy for special Pavé furniture.
- Chip - A beaver who hosts the Fishing Tourneys.
- Zipper T. - An anonymous character dressed in a rabbit costume. He exchanges eggs for special egg furniture during Bunny Day.
- Tortimer - He comes on the day of the Cherry Blossoms and in April Fools Day.
Fish and insects
- Barbel Steed
- Barred Knifejaw
- Black Bass
- Butterflyfish (City Folk only)
- Cherry Salmon
- Crucian Carp
- Football Fish
- Freshwater Goby
- Horse Mackerel
- Neon Tetra (City Folk only)
- Olive Flounder
- Pale Chub
- Popeyed Goldfish
- Rainbow Trout
- Red Snapper
- Sea Bass
- Surgeonfish (City Folk only)
- Yellow Perch
- Zebra Turkeyfish
- Cockroach (Animal Crossing and Wild World only)
- Common Butterfly
- Diving Beetle (City Folk only)
- Mantis (City Folk only)
- Mole Cricket
- Peacock Butterfly
- Pill Bug
- Raja Brooke (City Folk only)
- Tiger Butterfly
- Yellow Butterfly
WeatherThe weather of spring consists mainly of clear skies and occasional slight rain showers. Grass begins to appear and trees start to turn green. Snowballs eventually disappear and snow becomes rain.
On the 1st of April, the non-fruit bearing trees around the town will begin to blossom. Eventually, all of them will turn pink (minus the fruit trees, palm trees and cedar trees). These trees are known by Villagers as "Cherry Blossoms". On the first Monday of April, "Cherry Blossom" petals fall from the sky like confetti. This is to commemorate the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival, which is only celebrated in Animal Crossing. The blossoms disappear on the 9th of April. You also have the pleasure to see a rainbow. After hours of nonstop rain, the sky may clear up. A rainbow will appear giving you an easier time to find 100 bells in the trees.