| This article requires clean-up to meet the quality standards of the Animal Crossing Wiki.|
Please this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
|Months||June, July & August|
|Climate|| Heavy rain in June,|
Summer is the time of year when it is hot. The season starts June 1st and ends August 31st. In Animal Crossing, this is when the trees and grass are at their greenest. This is also the ideal time for the grass in City Folk, where a new feature was introduced which allows the grass to gradually deteriorate when walked on.
Below is a taste of what to expect in Summer. Here is a list of the events, what happens in each, in what game and when.
- Fishing Tourney (Every Sunday in June, Animal Crossing and Wild World )-Chip the fishing ace will set up a stall in the Plaza, and will challenge the villagers of the town to catch the biggest fish (overall, or selected type of fish). The competition ends at 6:00 PM, whereupon the winner will receive a trophy. A notice will also be put up on the bulletin board announcing the winner.
- Camping Season (Throughout Summer, Animal Crossing)- Animals may visit the town during the summer months to camp out for a while. If spoken to, they may give the player some Camping Gear after playing a mini-game.
- Bug-Off (3rd Saturday, June to September, City Folk)- Nat, the bug expert, will set up a stall outside Town Hall and will challenge the player and other villagers to catch the most interesting insect in terms of color, luster, size and rarity using a point system. The competition ends at 6:00 PM, whereupon the winner will receive a gold trophy. A notice will be put up on the bulletin board.
- Flea Market (4th Sunday of the month, City Folk)-All villagers in the town (including the player) open up their homes to sell their furniture
- Father's Day (Europe) (3rd Sunday of June; City Folk)- Fathers across the world are celebrated. A letter from Dad will arrive in the mail, including a red carnation.
- Midsummer's Day (21st June, City Folk)-The longest day in the player's town. It is said some areas of the town has the sun set past midnight. Tortimer stands outside the town hall. He will give the player an espresso maker.
- Morning Aerobics (25th July - 31st August, Animal Crossing)- Speak to Tortimer to receive a special event card. Every morning, through the event, Copper will host the morning aerobics whereupon the player has his card stamped. Once it has been stamped 14 times, the player will receive a special aerobics radio, to perform the exercises in their own homes. (Copper needs to be spoken to after each event). If the C stick on the GameCube controller is tilted in different directions while near the aerobics radio, the player character will perform aerobic activities.
- Fireworks Show (Every Sunday of August, City Folk and Wild World)- The Sunday nights come alive in the town with a fireworks display. A sparkler can be obtained by talking to Tortimer.
- Meteor Shower (12 th August, Animal Crossing)- Watch the meteor shower and talk to Tortimer, who will give the player something for attending.
- Nat- A chameleon who hosts the Bug-Offs.
- Chip- A beaver who hosts the Fishing Tourneys.
- Tortimer- The Mayor who stands outside Town Hall to hand out gifts for special days or events.
The weather in summer is mainly sunny with the possibility of rainfall towards the end of June/early July. The sunshine allows for the player to receive a tan when stood outside for long periods of time without holding an umbrella.
During the end of June, heavy rainfall and thunderstorms will appear with lightning, creating sudden bursts of multi-colored flashes of light on the ground. On the 1st of July, an announcement on the bulletin board will tell villagers and the player in town that the end of the heavy rain is approaching, making way for heavier sunny periods. Through most of July its hot and dry (during this month villagers often note the heat), compared to August, which is usually humid and neighbors will complain about the "stickyness".