The title of this article is conjectural; an official name for the article's subject has not been found, so it has been given a fitting title by editors. If there is an official name, it is requested that the article Uchi be moved to the correct name.
Uchi (ウチ Uchi, or アネキ Aneki) ('big sister') is a type of personality introduced in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Uchi villagers are very caring towards the player and are less vain than the snooty or peppy villagers, but they are also more blunt and tomboyish and may come across as rude on some occasions. Uchi villagers normally wake up at 11 AM and sleep at 3 AM, and there are currently 21 of them. Even though all uchi villagers are female, other villagers may sometimes refer to them using male pronouns.
Uchi villagers will, when befriended, give the player fighting tips and teach them ways to relax. These girls are tough, but still care deeply about their appearance. They have a tendency to stay up very late at night. When befriended, they will give the player medicine if they are stung by a bee. It is easy to get their picture since developing friendships with uchi villagers is simple due to their caring and protective nature. They will treat the player with respect and will even offer to fight off anyone giving the player trouble. Some Public Works Projects can only be suggested by uchi villagers, such as the wood bench.
Uchi villagers, like other personalities, also sometimes give the mayor items if he/she snoops through their dresser drawers. Opening a drawer in their home, the mayor may get the following message: "Tossing what she doesn't need seems to be her motto. ...Oh look, I think there's a (random furniture item) back there." This causes the villager to reprimand him/her for snooping through her stuff, then ask if the player would like to have the item. If he/she says yes, the villager will give the item to the player.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by uchi villagers.
- (if woken up inside their house) "Wh-whoa! Giant (native fruit)!"
- "Dude! This is so cool!"
- "(Player name), you're lookin' at me weird! <catchphrase>!"
- (when the player agrees to get them a bug) "Awesome! You're a solid cat! I'll be waiting! <catchphrase>!"
- (talking about an item they want from the player) "Thing is...that item (does shrug emote) was one of the top prizes in last month's issue of Window Shopping Pro."
- Uchi villagers are the last to wake up in the morning, at 11:00 AM.
- They will almost always give the player medicine when they have been stung by bees.
- The Japanese name 'uchi' is a personal pronoun that is feminine and informal, but does not give off an aura of cuteness like pronouns like 'atashi' do.