|The title of this article is conjectural. An official name for the article's subject has not been found, so it has been given a fitting title by editors. If there is an official name, it is requested that Uchi be moved to the correct name.|
Uchi (ウチ Uchi, or アネキ Aneki) ("big sister") is a personality type introduced in New Leaf. Uchi villagers are very caring towards the player and are less vain than the snooty or peppy villagers, but they are also more blunt, straightforward, and tomboyish and may come across as rude on some occasions. Uchi villagers normally wake up at 11 AM and sleep at 3 AM. There are currently only 23 uchi villagers making them the least common personality. Even though all uchi villagers are female, other villagers may sometimes refer to them using male pronouns.
Uchi villagers will, when befriended, give the player fighting tips and teach them ways to relax. These girls are tough, but still care deeply about their appearance. They have a tendency to stay up very late at night. When befriended, they will give the player medicine if they are stung by a bee. It is easy to get their picture since developing friendships with uchi villagers is simple due to their caring and protective nature. They will treat the player with respect and will even offer to fight off anyone giving the player trouble. Some Public Works Projects can only be suggested by uchi villagers, such as the wood bench. Uchi villagers generally get along with peppy, smug, lazy, jock and other uchi villagers. They don't get along with cranky or snooty villagers.
In Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer they are given even more of a more tomboyish personality, no longer being as caring as they used to be. They are, on the contrary, the most sarcastic, blunt, and mischievous out of the female villagers. They like to party a lot, get bored easily when things are calm, and seem to always be in search of stunt emotions and experiences. They tend to taunt the player (and the other NPCs) very often and hate genuine compliments.
Below are some (not all) quotes made by uchi villagers.
- (if woken up inside their house) "Wh-whoa! Giant (native fruit)!"
- "Dude! This is so cool!"
- "<Player name>, you're lookin' at me weird! <catchphrase>!"
- "Yo, <Player name>! You get around, eh? <catchphrase>!"
- (when the player agrees to get them a bug) "Awesome! You're a solid cat! I'll be waiting! <catchphrase>!"
- (talking about an item they want from the player) "Thing is...that item (does shrug emote) was one of the top prizes in last month's issue of Window Shopping Pro."
- "I heard a rumor that <other villager's name> wrestled a bear once...and won! You know anything about that? I wonder if it was done with (does cold chill emote) bear hands..."
- (If player gets stung by bees) "<Player name> who did this to your face? LET ME AT EM'! Oh, you just got stung by a bee, here use this. Bee more careful out there <catchphrase>!
Names in other languages
- Uchi villagers are the last to wake up in the morning, at 11:00 AM.
- They will almost always give the player medicine when they have been stung by bees.
- The Japanese name 'uchi' is a personal pronoun that is feminine and informal, but does not give off an aura of cuteness the way pronouns like 'atashi' do.
- Uchi villagers can be known to give hybrids, but only in letters.
- They are the least common personality, with only 23 villagers so far.