- — Wisp, Animal Crossing: City Folk
|Species|| Spirit Animal Forest, Animal Crossing|
Genie Animal Crossing: City Folk
|Service|| Spirit Begger|
Genie of the "Empty" Lamp
|Appearance(s)|| Dōbutsu no Mori +,|
Dōbutsu no Mori e+,
Animal Crossing: City Folk
|Regional Names|| Buh|
His lamp appears in New Leaf, but Wisp himself does not make an appearance.
The player can find him randomly in the times of 12:00 AM to 4:00 AM. They must catch spirits with their net or find his lamp.
For a reward he gets rid of all weeds in town, paints the player's roof, gives out an item, or in later versions, kills all the roaches in the player's house.
In Animal Crossing
In Animal Crossing, the player will need to capture 5 spirits roaming around the town, and return them to Wisp (who stays in the same acre he is found in). His reward is one of three things:
- He will remove all the weeds in the player's town.
- He will give the player a randomly selected item (furniture, clothing, wallpaper, flooring, or gyroid) that they don't yet have in their catalog.
- He will re-color the roof of the player's house.
In Animal Crossing: City Folk
In Animal Crossing: City Folk, the player will have to find the Empty lamp somewhere in the town. The rewards Wisp gives are essentially the same as in Animal Crossing, only the Roof painting was changed to the ability to smash roaches, as the roof paint could be bought from all of Tom Nook's Stores (except for Nook's Cranny), and the random item reward has been updated to give the player a chance to get a random accessory or hat, which he/she may not already have available in his/her catalog. However, the item is usually not rare. Also, if the player doesn't have it in their catalog and they select hat, Wisp will give the player a turban instead.
- It is possible to get Wisp more than once, implying he may be a species of his own.
- In Animal Crossing, Wisp will mutter something about a master and what he will do if the spirits aren't recovered.
- In Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wisp says that he is scared of ghosts, even though he is one in Animal Crossing.
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, a weed-removing function can be accessed through Leif once Timmy and Tommy's store upgrades to T.I.Y., in which the player can pay him bells so that he will remove all of the town's weeds.
- Wisp looks similar to Boos from the Super Mario series.