|Zipper T. Bunny|
Zipper as he appears in New Leaf
|Service|| Bunny Day,|
|Appearance(s)|| Animal Crossing: City Folk,|
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
|Regional Names|| Coti Conejal|
Zipper T. Bunny (ぴょんたろう, Pyontarou), commonly shortened to Zipper, is a special character in Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Zipper appears to be another animal, or possibly a human, dressed as a yellow Easter Bunny. Zipper's true form (and whether or not he actually has one) is currently unknown canonically.
There is a zipper on the back of Zipper's costume from which they may be named. It is easily visible when seen from behind, which causes Zipper to turn around. They will then comment saying not to look at their zipper, as it "spoils the magic", even further backing up the theory that Zipper is in a costume.
Upon approaching them, a unique, odd theme will play and they'll begin to dance. As you leave the town hall area the music and dancing fades and Zipper will sigh heavily. Zipper will ask you to search for bunny eggs which are buried around town. Opening these, they say, reveals a "surprise", but after constantly talking to them without finding one, they'll eventually tell you they are looking for bunny foil, which they also call prize tickets. They give you Furniture from the Egg Series or Zipper's picture each time you find one bunny foil or grand prize ticket (respectively) inside an egg and give it to them.
When in town, villagers will usually speak of them in a derogatory manner. Normal villagers appear to be scared of them. It would appear Zipper is unhappy with their choice of uniform and job, by mentioning that they want a new job under their breath and will occasionally mention how uncomfortable they are under the suit - also, under their breath.
|Warning: Theory starts here.|
Many believe Zipper to be Tortimer, due to their name being "Zipper", as in the zipper on the bunny suit and "T", as in Tortimer. However, upon entering Town Hall, he is clearly seen in his usual spot.
Some believe Zipper to be Phyllis, due to the fact that Zipper complains under his breath in a similar style to her. Zipper also has purple eyelids when they blink, which further supports this theory. However, Phyllis can be found in the Post Office during her usual evening shift or in The Roost before work.
Dr. Shrunk could be the one who dresses as Zipper T. Bunny, since in Animal Crossing: New Leaf if you have built Club LOL then you know that every day Dr. Shrunk is inside allowing you to get jokes which get your character emotions. But on Bunny Day however, Club LOL when trying to get inside is closed while Zipper is in town. This could mean that Zipper is Shrunk. If Shrunk comes for coffee on that day, he might not be Zipper.
|Warning: Theory ends here.|
- Despite Zipper being dressed in a Bunny costume, their mouth still moves when he talks, and their eyes blink and react to emotions the same way as all the other characters. Though he himself states that it is not a costume and that he is asked about it very often.
- If you don't have a shovel when you first talk to them, they will offer to sell you one.
- If you select the "you're weird" option, they will say under their breath that they know a certain reindeer and can tell him you've been extremely naughty this year.
- Pete, Lyle and Phyllis are known to dislike their jobs in the series, often making remarks which are written in gray text to indicate speech muttered under their breath. However, like Tortimer, they can be seen doing their usual jobs.
- Zipper's picture can be attained by exchanging a Grand Prize ticket during Bunny Day to Zipper at the town square.
- According to Zipper's picture their favorite phrase is "Hippity-hoppity wish-wash-whoa!"
it is also possible that his zip is actually his overalls instead of a costume entirely